hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago my Mother had an antique store in N Ill. A couple of young guys dropped in with a bunch
of old bottles. They said they were taking the summer off to search for old bottles and that they found
bottles in the Fox River by wadding in the shallower water.
I was wondering if anyone else does this?

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago my Mother had an antique store in N Ill. A couple of young guys dropped in with a bunch
of old bottles. They said they were taking the summer off to search for old bottles and that they found
bottles in the Fox River by wadding in the shallower water.
I was wondering if anyone else does this?

Yep, all the time. Rivers and the like are some of the best and most fun spots to hit in my experience.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
without regular garbage pickup, dumping things in the river was like pouring stuff down the drain....out of sight out of mind

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
without regular garbage pickup, dumping things in the river was like pouring stuff down the drain....out of sight out of mind

Exactly right. And around me, the diggers of old seemed to never have gotten around to hunt water dumps- or they weren't that desperate for new spots like I am haha.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
When I fished rivers and cruising in a jon boat at drought levels I found some of my oldest intact bottles that way. At the time I was hole hopping for monster flats and I didn't give a hoot so I'd eventually toss them back in later in the day.:BangHead:

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I fished rivers and cruising in a jon boat at drought levels I found some of my oldest intact bottles that way. At the time I was hole hopping for monster flats and I didn't give a hoot so I'd eventually toss them back in later in the day.:BangHead:

Aghhhh I'm cringing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions