Old glass bottle I'm thinking CW era Need advise on glue

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So haven't taken any pics of it yet but i can tell its really old... I dug out the base and three other pieces, two of which fit together on the base of the bottle. Im wondering what y'all would suggest for adhesive. Or how you usually put together pieces of old glass bottles? Any advise is appreciated. I'll post pics later

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a two part epoxy made by Gorilla glue, from Walmart.
Not a good idea if you ever want to take it apart or adjust it if you find more pieces, different story if you have every piece though. You can always undo what you glued together with Elmer's using warm water...

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a good idea if you ever want to take it apart or adjust it if you find more pieces, different story if you have every piece though. You can always undo what you glued together with Elmer's using warm water...

A good reminder there. I dont usually glue something together until I have all the pieces or realize there is no more to be found in the pit. The epoxy is unforgiving for sure, it takes a lot of practice. I use silver foil tape to hold pieces in alignment after I glue because if they shift, then that is how it remains.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread