Hobbleskirt Coke bottles

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Just recently started messing with these over the Winter when it's too cold to poke around with the metal detectors. So I'm poking around local antique shops instead and trying to see how many different cities & towns I can find. Does anyone know of any groups that do a bit of buying, selling & swapping of these old Hobbleskirt Coke bottles ? Not really into the ACL type from the later 60s. Mainly concentrating on the type with the raised script and the town & state on the bottom. I just got the book by Bill Porter and there are a LOT of different bottles..

Attachments

• IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    957 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not too many people are interested in these. You'll see them sell on the "bay" for 5-10 bucks if they sell at all. You'll have to get the early editions for them to have any value

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a 1915 from either Americus or Washington, Ga. if anybody comes across one in decent condition.

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Not too many people are interested in these. You'll see them sell on the "bay" for 5-10 bucks if they sell at all. You'll have to get the early editions for them to have any value
That's exactly why I like them. Cheap to collect and don't have to fight with other buyers to get the ones I want.. Ebay is too expensive once you figure in the shipping. I find them locally at antique malls and auction houses for 2-3 bucks out the door. I'm an old hot rodder and a child of the 60s and I like to collect stuff from that era. The "theme" in my garage/workshop is 50s & 60s gas, oil & soda junk. Got a 1963 Texaco gas pump, etc. Need some leaded Premium for .27 cents a gallon ? To me it's not about collecting rare, expensive things. It's about surrounding myself with stuff that brings me back to my childhood because it makes me feel good.

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    IMG_0666.JPG
    790.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice car. I had a 67 Camaro with a 250 six and a 3 on the tree. It was a pretty quick little car. I never got around to the big plans I had for it and traded in on a 1971 VW Karmann Ghia. I think I paid $500. for the Camaro in 1974.? The Karmann Ghia got smashed into a parked car by a long ago girlfriend who couldn't drive a stick so well.

OP
OP
NHBandit

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Nice car. I had a 67 Camaro with a 250 six and a 3 on the tree. It was a pretty quick little car. I never got around to the big plans I had for it and traded in on a 1971 VW Karmann Ghia. I think I paid $500. for the Camaro in 1974.? The Karmann Ghia got smashed into a parked car by a long ago girlfriend who couldn't drive a stick so well.
This one started life as a 6cyl Powerglide. Now it's got a 350 that was the spare from one of my old racecars, Muncie 4 speed, 12 bolt posi rear, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc. When I got out of circle track racing I used up a lot of my left over parts to build the Camaro. It's also a 67. Here's the "organ donor" that gave up the engine as well as some other stuff for the Camaro... It goes like a scalded dog. :laughing7:

Attachments

• pro-stock  left side.jpg
    pro-stock left side.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 76

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Just recently started messing with these over the Winter when it's too cold to poke around with the metal detectors. So I'm poking around local antique shops instead and trying to see how many different cities & towns I can find. Does anyone know of any groups that do a bit of buying, selling & swapping of these old Hobbleskirt Coke bottles ? Not really into the ACL type from the later 60s. Mainly concentrating on the type with the raised script and the town & state on the bottom. I just got the book by Bill Porter and there are a LOT of different bottles..
Bill Porter has a Facebook page for hobbleskirt Cokes, join it and trade away.... good luck

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1002960813071147/

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread