my last big find

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20170117_203648.jpg I seems like a stumbled on a little cache of brown bottles and what I assume (there in the back) are Alka-Seltzer bottles. All dirty dump digs that need at least a little cleaning. The Barges Root beer is a great find as well as the orange crush bottle, even though it's broken at the top. What surprises me most about these are how many still have the lids.
20170117_203622.jpg

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be very discouraging but I wanna tell you what you should do. Clean everything you have and put it in the recycling bin except for the barq's root beer. Those bottles were mass produced in factories and they aren't collectable. Keep digging and you will find good stuff but don't keep everything. Sorry if this bums you out. Just one man's opinion.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is right dump digger. I didn't have the heart to tell you

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't comment on Value;however I'm sure Goldenplug and Bass are correct. I will say, in this day and age of plastic it is still kinda neat to find some old glass bottles; even if they are 60's or 70's. I would keep whatever you think is cool. I don't know your age; in a couple decades these are going to be what the younger generation are digging. One mans junk is another mans treasure. Who knows what the future holds.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you new to bottle digging, dump digger? If so, this hoard of stuff is totally understandable.

Because who doesn't bring absolutely everything home when they're first getting started? Naturally the stuff accumulates, and then you find some better stuff, and then there's a great 'purge' of all the first junk stuff.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you new to bottle digging, dump digger? If so, this hoard of stuff is totally understandable.

Because who doesn't bring absolutely everything home when they're first getting started? Naturally the stuff accumulates, and then you find some better stuff, and then there's a great 'purge' of all the first junk stuff.

Yep I remember when I would bring every darn piece of undamaged glass home.

OP
OP
D

dump_digger

Dec 22, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's prizm 950
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh no, i've been doing this for at least a decade. I know they're not worth anything but i enjoy the hunt. And then i like to look at them and there shapes and designs just because they just don't make bottles like this anymore. Some i'll use to display gems and minerals i have, others (most of them) will go out to my garden shed to be used in a mosiac in the future. I appreciate you didn't want to hurt my feelings or discourage me. I'm just happy to have found a place to show and learn. : ) I wish i'd found this sight 10 years ago!

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like something that's really all that matters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread