Paterson jug!

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello all! Ever since seeing the beautiful jugs that epackage has collected, I have been wanting a Paterson jug myself. My greatgrandfather and grandfather lived there, and my father's honeymoon was even at the exotic Great Falls. I saw this one today at the flea market for $29 and had to get it. Thank you for all the great information you posted helping others and myself epackage. Any thoughts on this one for value? I've seen some Paterson jugs sell for 30, and some for almost 300 on ebay, would never sell it tho. Also, was Stephen Costa only there for 1902, or from 1902-1907? Best way to clean it? All comments appreciated, thank you!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

OP
OP
FriscoT06

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Couple more pics- don't see any damage except some bottom wear

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. As far as cleaning it? I don't see anything that needs cleaning.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a Costa jug from his last years in Paterson before going back to Italy sometime in 1912, average price for Paterson ink stamped jugs is $30-50 unless a few different family members are bidding against one another for them, then they can reach $150-175, cobalt script jugs bring the most money. The 276 Straight St. address was a saloon/liquor store and 278 was the grocery, while two different buildings he had a hand in both, that area was mainly the Italian section of Paterson at the TOC. Spray a little Windex on a rag and wipe it off and that's it.... Nice buy

Last edited:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
There are bottles with the address of the grocery store at 278 Straight St., I assume they sold the beer they bottled at 477 Marshall St. there, the partnership was short lived as mentioned...

OP
OP
FriscoT06

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Awesome info! Thanks so much! Makes sense too, we're all Italian lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions