Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

'Got a new spot. I had come across it before but didn't really get too curious about it until now. I'd found some pieces of later machine-made jars and ACL sodas, but didn't really think it was worth picking through a bunch of heavy rotten hay bales and tearing out a mess of coiled up wire fence. Plus I didn't think there would be much there, the dump isn't very large, maybe only 20ft by 20ft. But I did discover that there was a lot of intact later stuff just under the hay. The broken sodas I was finding had beautiful perfect paint, so I'm hoping to score a nice intact one eventually. After pulling out a million unembossed Milk of Magnesias near the top (I sometimes dig intuitively based on what I can see on the surface, and not always from the bottom up) I decided to make a little test hole almost right at the bottom and off to the side, where I had spotted some pottery shards and the wire looked older. I ended up pulling out a couple of heartbreakers. There was this interesting little art glass pitcher of some sort with a crimped tail, red, green, and white splotches throughout. It does have a pontil scar, but I'm not sure that it's very old, 'still would have been a beauty though. Then we found the bottom of an EGCo The Imperial pint, would have been a great little jar for the shelf. I ended up taking home a sun-coloured food jar, early Owens scar, and a little aqua pint food product of some sort, I just really liked the flat shoulders because it reminds me of one of those early Crowleytown mason jars, haha.

And check out this beauty of a Coke machine I stumbled upon later!

DSCF7818.JPG DSCF7824.JPG DSCF7826.JPG DSCF7832.jpg DSCF7717.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That machine has value even in the condition it's in

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I absolutely love how it was all on its own out there in the woods, sticking in the ground like one of those Easter Island statues or something. A beautiful sight for sure!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that Coke cooler is in your garage by now ! Congrats !!! Great find

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in a sort of tricky spot, hopefully one day I can get the guy to help haul it out, but for now it's probably not going anywhere...

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely get the Coke machine. I sell a lot of antiques and collectibles and Coca Cola stuff is one of my best sellers.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything old that says Coca Cola has some value

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, everyone gobbles it up - or guzzles it down, I should say. But we'll see about it in the future, for now I'm chasing that next good bottle, been getting really close lately. The picture will have to do for now!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
go back and get that machine...what are you thinking?! i don't care if it takes you all day....you will regret it forever if you don't

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go back and get that machine...what are you thinking?! i don't care if it takes you all day....you will regret it forever if you don't

Hey unclemac, how's about a story!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey unclemac, how's about a story!

yeah, it is about time isn't it?....i gotta go to Mexico next week but I have some interesting things to share when I get back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread