New thread, Sorry for confusion

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks,
Thanks firstly for all the enthusiasm. It has been exciting and I feel very fortunate to have this opportunity. We had some rain so I went out, unfortunately not much "floated to the surface" haha. Pluff mud is a *****. We are slowly separating it and spreading though in anticipation or finally having it wide spread so we can hook up the pump and start spraying to avoid breaking things mechanically separating mud from prize.

Yesterday took a bit more digging and "knees and elbow" work but I came away with a couple gems I think and some other nice ones. Pics will not load in order of descrip but i think you can tell. Also any additional info would be great only putting down what i have gathered.

Also couldn't clean up until evening and couldn't wait to post so lighting is not great, cant wait to hold them in sunlight

FAVS are first 3

1. Clarke & Co New York Saratoga, iron pontil and nice emerald color. Yet to find one with embossing around neck but looks like they were circa 1840-1850 found still corked and full but cork started disintegrating and it was full of debris. My first full find anyhow

2. AP Smith Charelston SC soda, deep cobalt, iron pontil base.

3. 12 sided umbrella ink in a light green, open pontil and crude shape, super cool i think. First 12 side ink for me and I have only seen 2 others in person.

4. Dark Green 1qt bottle bottle with kick up pontil, full of bubbles and sits crooked

5. Large medecine or misc English bottle i think, never found this shape, base looks like a diagonal two part mold that i think is pretty old

There is also an olive green skinny and very thin walled alcohol bottle of some sort. Super deep push back pontil, super crude sheared lip and also sits very crooked

Also a newer cobalt ink and a cool 12 sided open pontil spice bottle that has the opening broke off. I personally cant leave a small nice, multi sided bottle just for missing a lip

Old marble, MORE pipe parts, two implements of some sort that seem to be carved from deer antler and have openings and some sort of round metal piece with intricate engravings on it. Almost looks like a compass lid, gonna give it a swim in electrolysis tomm
12 ink pontil.jpg 12 ink.jpg AP light.jpg AP smith dirty.jpg AP smith pontil.jpg Clarke empty.jpg Clarke full.jpg clarke pontil.jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed (4).jpg unnamed (5).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (9).jpg unnamed.jpg

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some great finds!!! Looks like the rooster made it to the dumplin' pot too...d2

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm desensitized at this point. And I'm going digging in a couple hours - 'HOPE I GET A NICE KETCHUP OR MILK OF MAGNESIA!

Haha, this is too good though, you're slaying it. This has to be one of the best treasure troves of all time. With what you have found already, and how much more dirt you have left to sift through, I'm willing to wager that this will be one of the most significant discoveries to ever be seen here. Thank you for taking us with you!

My favourites are the ink, the crooked free-blown wine, and the A.P. Smith.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Can't wait until y'all get really going through all that dirt.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last thing you need to do is apologize. These are the best bottle finds posted in a long time. Keep on keeping on!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The A.P. Smith is a killer and the ink looks great. So many pontils... you know how to search for them. Keep'em coming and thanks for showing those beauties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread