Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

Here are a few more finds from my new spot. I followed the ravine a long way deeper and ended up discovering another small dump. It was not inside the ravine, I chanced upon it after cutting corners back to where I had started. At first I only saw a single piece of clear glass and didn't think there was anything there at all. I pulled on some wire anyway, and up comes some chunks of soil to reveal the heel of this big ol' milk, a Cairncroft Dairy quart from Brantford. I have a Cairncroft pint already but it's not as old. This one has that weird pinkish-yellow manganese-selenium mix thing going on, but it's a bit of colour nonetheless. Anyway, of course I ended up digging. Here's what we got:

This is the second dig where I've found two insulators and two spoons. These are some interesting insulators, Hemingray No. 2 Transposition, Patent May 2, 1893 - hey wait, that's today! The embossing is different on both. They each have a tiny chip or flake smaller than a dime, but I was surprised to see how much a good example fetches online. Moving on we have a big early machine-made flask, amethyst hue to it, might throw it on top of the shed for the summer. Next we have a milk glass Watkins ointment pot, these are common but this one has a beautiful blue colour and swirl to it, maybe not very easy to see in this photo. Then we have the big milk and the two spoons. Next we've got a heart-shaped frosted glass beauty product of some sort, machine-made but could be early, has some weird characteristics. Then we've got a Moone's Emerald Oil, kept it for the colour, I only had a brown one before. Next we've got a great little blown embossed perfume, "Sweet Bye & Bye, monogram, Corning & Tappan, N.Y.", not bad at all. And last we've got another one of those Ed. Pinaud toilet waters or perfumes from Paris, with the basket of flowers. This one doesn't have the original metal cap but takes a cork nicely.

Anyway, that's about it! Great finds from everyone lately, keep 'em coming!

DSCF8242.JPG

Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and thanks for the post.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all! Here's a better shot of the perfume, and also another lone bottle that I dug yesterday. I happen to like these hazy pearly white slicks, they look very nice in groups.

DSCF8282.JPG DSCF8314.JPG

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! There is a market for insulators, some collect these items. the milk bottle is cool. Thanks for sharing NJKLAGT!

VaNana

Aug 23, 2014
Northern Va
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett 350 Garrett pinpointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like those bottles. I hope you find a lot more there! I found an insulator Tuesday also and two more bottles but they are getting harder to find. Your insulators are a lot better than mine love the color. The patent date date is my birthday. Thankfully not the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions