Help with dating some items

Osseo

May 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2268.JPG

Hey guys, have a few questions for anyone that could help. I'm from up in wisconsin and the other day I found my cheap metal detector that I got probably 15 years ago and decided to mess around with it. So I took it behind my girlfriends barn which was built around 1900 and instantly got hits. If the attachment works, this was some of the stuff I found in the first hour of digging so far. If anyone can possibly give me a date on some of the items that would help me a lot. Thanks!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOKS LIKE EARLY 1900s STUFF

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure there is a bottle forum on here further down the page they might be able to give some real close dates.They will probably want some pictures of the bottom of the bottles.I agree with Casper but maybe the bottle guys can help even more.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Osseo! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Today's Finds! over to Artifact Forums > Bottles & Glass for more exposure :..​

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vase could be vasoline glass, put it under a black light and see if it glows.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of it looks to be from just before 1930 to about the mid 40s.

OP
OP
O

Osseo

May 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. I plan on doing some more digging this weekend. I'll post on what else I dig up!

OP
OP
O

Osseo

May 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I could find some dates on a few items looking online. The top metal rexatnlge piece is a traveling soap box made in 1910. It says soap on the cover of it in cursive.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I like the "2" on the broke plate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread