epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to a friend of a friend who I have become friends with I have been able to acquire a few Paterson bottles at very good prices, today I stopped by his antique store to pick up two quart hutches from Paterson, and while I have both, one is an upgrade and the other will be a trader or resold for a profit. While there he showed me two early applied top squats from W.S. Kinch, one blue aqua and the other a green aqua. Both need a good cleaning, but the great thing is I didn't have the green aqua, I had only heard about it, so getting it cheap was great. The most special thing about the green variant is the fact it is one of only 3 Paterson bottles blown in the U.K., the other two are both Tiffany & Allen bottles. As you can see it is a bit taller than it's US counterpart and has a hollow K on the base the same way both bottles have hollow K's on the back side. Two different molds showing several differences in the embossing on the front and the font of the hollow K on the back side.
I don't come across much that I need these days, so this was well worth the trip for that bottle alone....

$$44$$$$$$$$$4ac.jpg
$$44$$$$$$$$$4ac1.jpg
$$44$$$$$$$$$4ad.jpg
$$44$$$$$$$$$4ad1.jpg
$$44$$$$$$$$$4ad1a.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauties! I still haven't seen a quart hutch in real life...

I wonder why some bottles were blown across the pond. Were the glasshouses here just too booked up at the time? Does one bottle predate the other or were they being made at the same time?

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Beauties! I still haven't seen a quart hutch in real life...

I wonder why some bottles were blown across the pond. Were the glasshouses here just too booked up at the time? Does one bottle predate the other or were they being made at the same time?
The UK Kinch predates the US variant by a few years tops I'd say.... He had ties to England and must have gotten a good deal on an order from a friend in the UK is mt best guesstimate

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post Jim, nice pieces you got there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread