Finally can scratch of One/Two of my local bucket list

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a lifetime of growing up in Charleston, and a long career of history hunting I finally found my first complete SC Dispensary bottle. And not one, but two! A couple years ago I quit caring about them bc I could never get my hands on a complete one and its all I ever heard people talking about in local bottle, relic circles. Gues I was just bitter.

But finally I have two, found same day withing 20ft of each other in an excavated dirt pile from late 1800s home-site/barn on our lease hunting property in Givahns SC. All this time they have been right under my nose haha.

Apparently the Aqua, half pint is a very good one. Its a lot more crudely molded then other Dispensary bottles I have seen and literally looks like the glass is glowing. Anyways, super excited, any additional knowledge appreciated.

IMG_2623.jpg IMG_2624 (2).jpg IMG_2628 (1).jpg IMG_2629.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, congratulations! I especially like the half pint.

What ever happened to your big dirt pile with all the pontiled beauties? Is that dig still ongoing?

OP
OP
J

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy was super gracious, but eventually it was pushed in the pond, he gave me a good heads up so we did what we could and he provided machinery for us to be efficient as possible. Luckily the city is starting a new hole in a week so we will get a new top 10ft load
I hear ya though

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow congrats on those beauties. Killer finds. For a glass guy those are Banner worthy. Just saying! Jgas

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great bottles there. It's cool that they are not identical as well.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!! Those are a sweet pair of flasks :headbang:

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds JI and congratulations on getting a bucket list item. I fully understand your desire for the dispensary bottles.... now you found these, you will likely find a bunch of them. What was that saying from the Wizard of Oz, something about finding what you were looking for in your very own back yard!

..and hey, if yall ever need "help" before pushing a pile of dirt into the pond, my # is still the same..... :laughing7:

Here is my flask like yours....probably my mostest favoritists botlle I have.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0398 (600x800).jpg
    IMG_0398 (600x800).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0478 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0478 (800x600).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 69

okpych

May 26, 2017
Lowcountry of South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! I still have yet to find one whole.. The closest I came to one was a construction site and all of them were smashed.. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions