epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad got really sick in late May and passed in mid August, so I have commented on some posts but haven't been doing much posting of my own, so here are some of my newest additions. The 1-1/2 gallon Meyer Brothers preserve jar is the only one documented at the NJ Bottle Forum and none of the "old timers" have ever seen even a piece of one, the store itself burned down in the Great Paterson Fire of 1902, it consumed 85% of Paterson's business district...

The other Meyer Brothers piece is a 5 gallon crock that also has it's original top as found in an old Paterson home, and the Globe Tobacco jar was bought at auction to resell, 99% of them are a brown amber, very few of them out there in this yellow amber.

$1ia11aaaaa1111111aa.jpg
$1ia11aaaaa1111111aaaaaaa.jpg
$1ia11aa111.jpg
$1ia11a.jpg
View attachment 1504840
$2a.jpg $2t2b2f.jpg $2t2b2g.jpg $2t2b2h.jpg 00kinch.jpg

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So sorry to hear of the passing of your father. You have my deepest condolences.
Your finds are real nice. I find broken pieces of crocks, nothing whole. Very cool indeed.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to have you back on here Jim. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
So how did you come about getting your hands on the 1 1/2 gallon Meyers? Great score

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hey E, most definitely my prayers for you and your family on the loss of your father. Glad to see ya posting again. Always nice to see the crocks and bottles from Patterson. Keep em coming cause I think it’s therapeutic. Regards, jgas.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bittersweet post, Jim. I'm mighty sorry about your father. Those are some really nice additions and I do hope that they help to take your mind off your loss.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry about your loss, glad to see you here again with the good stuff. Hang in there.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Great to have you back on here Jim. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
So how did you come about getting your hands on the 1 1/2 gallon Meyers? Great score
It was in an auction on the border of NJ and PA. I paid more than expected for it because a nice older gentleman and his wife turned up at the auction, he was born in Paterson and wanted it almost as much as me. There was another piece in the auction from Paterson that I let him have without bidding him up, I should have worked out a deal with him before the auction started. In the end I have picked up many pieces really cheap over the years, so overpaying for this "only known" example is OK with me...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the loss of your father. It seems you are making it through these trying times. You certainly have your niche when it comes to collecting.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i notice the same handwriting on a lot of those crocks....is the painter a known person?

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
i notice the same handwriting on a lot of those crocks....is the painter a known person?
No, but there are 3 different styles of script at Fulper during these times, leading us to believe there were 3 different decorators doing the script to keep up with demand... Good eye

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your father loss. The crocks you've found are incredible, WTG sir!

bpete

Oct 16, 2017
Utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So sorry to hear about your father, great finds though and to have some history on them besides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread