Another Bucket List find off the list!!!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Been a while since I last posted. Job changes and such kept me too busy to do the real work of digging some glass. So Don and I set out to do a lot that is connected to a church dating to the late 1800’s. But when we arrived, the electric company was digging a hole right by the pit I had located. So with that spot out I decided to try an old house that I got permission to do a while back. It’s vacant now so we were no bother to anyone but the squirrels trying to get the nuts from the nearby walnut tree.

So we started to probe and located a pit on the third poke of the probe. This yard is kinda connected to where another yard had a house on it in 1891. So we were not really sure which house this particular pit was for. Oh well, let’s give it a go. So we started our trek through the virtual forest of roots. Took us an hour to get a foot deep. But finally it eased up then ended on top of a sewer line. Dang it. Right through the middle of the pit. Now what. It was a very loose pipe and I thought it was broke from the tree roots. So I lifted it to find there was an electric wire running through it. So onto the other side of the pit to open it up to get around the pipe. Good idea because we were centered on top of the pit now. So we dug another 4 feet or so and gathered what seemed like tons of broken pottery and glass. No real bottles but a few condiment items like a broken petal jar. Cryer for sure. A broken cathedral pepper and pickle. More cryers. Ugh. Don dug a Hostetters Bitters with the top blasted. Cryer. Then a utility jar unmarked. It was whole though. Yippee. My turn and now I popped up a really crude cone ink. An 1870 type rolled lip. No cryer there. Yeah. Then we approached the bottom and we were both tired and cramping up. Ya never want to dig when you are tired because you get careless.

I took the blade of my shovel and scraped what I thought was the bottom of the pit, only to hear the blade run right over the top of the logs of a cabin Bitters. Ahhhhhh nooooo!!!! Figuring it’s damaged from me and my stupidity or the top broken I took a breath and had Don get the camera to take photos of my Cryer! But alas it was not to be. It is alive, it’s aliiiiiive!!!! Unbelievable. Perfect condition. No cracks. No chips. No blade damage. And some killer crude bubbles all over. A very dark amber with some red tones in the sun. Wow. A certain non cryer and one off the ole bucket list. A great day to be a Digger!!! Good luck out there and be safe. Jgas. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280015.662464.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280030.118505.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280043.757585.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280066.957812.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280082.522776.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280094.059248.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280105.861108.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1508280118.395613.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that would have been a good workout. At least the soil looks easy to dig in. Some beautiful rewards you have there.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a heart stopper for me. That's a hard one to come by for a digger.....and in perfect shape to. I bet that one will stay in your happy moments for a long time. A huge congrats bud.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find ! Beautiful 6 log s.t. drake----now you gotta find a 4 log s.t. drake :occasion14:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji106]WooHoo! Excellent find! Man, I am happy for you. If that was the only bottle to come out it still would be worth it. Never found a whole one myself but have dug several broken 6 log and 1 broken 4 log. Great find jgas.
Are you still a peacekeeper?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks guys. And Bass I am sorta. Between gigs right now but will be suiting up real soon and hitting the streets again. Thanks for the comments everyone. Jgas

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Man, that is a beauty.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going, jgas! Emotionally that must have been quite the back and forth, to feel like you had damaged it, but then be forgiven by the bottle gods. Congrats!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: If I looked down and saw that in the bottom of the hole I would have been falling all over the place ! What a great Bitters , Congrats Gas !!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hell of a nice mineralization on that ink too

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa awesome dig and post. That drakes is awesome. I always dig up little shards from these bottles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions