Cripple creek ice cream sods bottle, whiskey!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out detecting before a little cold snap tomorrow. I ended up with more bottles than anything else. I think the cows kick them out of the ridges sometimes. Eyeballed one which led to 2 more. I think I have the biggest Whitmore collection :( The ice cream bottle is a good one for a soda bottle. It is a little warped but arnt we all. There are a few Pieffers left in Cripple Creek. I love the color of the whiskey. I am blown away at the old bottles you all dig, sure love seeing them. The metal piece reads National Biscut Co. Happy digging!! View attachment 1513170 1106171532a.jpg 1106171537a-1.jpg

Attachments

• 1106171537a_HDR-1.jpg
    1106171537a_HDR-1.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 80

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bottles....yea every time I go detecting my old sites I end up probing around and then don't do any detecting due to being sidetracked by glass. I suppose I could have worse problems. BTW didn't the Grateful Dead sing about Cripple Creek? Or was that someone else.....

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bottles....yea every time I go detecting my old sites I end up probing around and then don't do any detecting due to being sidetracked by glass. I suppose I could have worse problems. BTW didn't the Grateful Dead sing about Cripple Creek? Or was that someone else.....
I have that problem also, I love old glass. It is so much fun to find a old trash pit!!! It was the"Band" that sang " up on cripple creek"

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Man, those are great bottles to find on the surface. There must be a nice dump nearby.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scruggs and cje, if there is I sure hope I can find it. Lots of times they just the stuff off the sides into gullies.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!! You not only found Cripple Creeks last embossed bottle ,you also found its only machine made bottle ! Back in the 80s we dug 7 of them out of one hole, probably found 12 over 34 years

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charlie, good information. I used to have a sealed one with the ingredients! I would love to find a pit full!
Thanks xr7, I love what what you can find up here! You never know what you will run across, you just have to get out!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread