Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

The other day I got out for what might be the last scrape of the year. We just got hit with some pretty good snow and it looks like it might be staying. It's supposed to warm up a bit early next week, but whether or not enough snow melts to allow for any real digging remains to be seen. It's been cold, so I imagine the ground must be getting harder already. And I've got holes in the bottom of my boots, not too eager about that either.

I hit one of the new dumps I discovered not too long ago on the way back from the 'small town' dump. It turned out okay. Smelly. Lots of plastic. It's a big dump though, so hopefully there's more to be had in the spring. I got a big amber chem, the thing's just under a foot tall. The seams looked sooo blown when I saw it in the hole, I thought I might have had a fruit jar or something serious at first, but when it came out it happened to be one of those ABMs with a seam running around the flared finish. Still cool for its size though. I also got a Scott's Emulsion I didn't have yet, I actually really like these simpler amber ones with only the man and fish and no other embossing. Then an ABM ink, and some cutlery for my cutlery bucket. One of the forks is all witched out, and one has all these characters with exaggerated facial features and "The Brownies" on it, which I thought was going to be some old-timey racist thing, but I guess it's one of those archetypal children's tales about little people who do good deeds around the house while you're sleeping: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brownies

I left some painted sodas behind, I'll probably go back for the Pepsi at some point. There were plenty of other painted soda pieces there, so hopefully I get a rare one! I also attached an MS Paint doodle that I made for an old friend, her birthday was yesterday, but it's sort of Christmas-y too, so I included it for the heck of it, haha. When it does warm up next week I might get out prospecting for some new spots. It'll probably be super soggy crossing the fields, so we'll see what happens.

Take care, season's greetings, good luck and happy hunting,

NJ

DSCF2015.JPG DSCF2023.JPG DSCF2036.JPG DSCF2071.JPG DSCF2089.JPG DSCF2074.JPG View attachment catboxes.bmp

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I’d be all over that place. Digging deep. Nice finds thus far. Good luck next season and Happy Holidays. Jgas.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dump you have there. Some of those ACL sodas are sellable on fleabay. Good luck when you go back and keep us posted

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. This place has a few older glass and pottery shards too, so hopefully I'll get a good mix of ages. If the painted sodas look the way they do, and I get the odd earlier thing, then that's good enough for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread