Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Whats your holy grail ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandchip View Post
    This would be my heart's desire. It was found years ago in a tiny community maybe 25 miles from me. Probably blown at Keene and one can only imagine how it must have found its way down to south Georgia. Only three examples are known to exist, one colorless and another in light amethyst which resides in the Corning Museum of Glass. Sucks when the pockets only go to the first knuckle!

Attachment 1548595 Attachment 1548596
    Wow, if you can find a picture of the colourless one I'd love to see it, I love colourless historical flasks. I just did some searching around now and saw the price this one sold for - might as well not have any pockets at all! If I'm not mistaken, these never have the branches around the bust of Lafayette, right? Anyway, it's a searing beauty!

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett carrot
    457 times
    Relic Hunting
    Fayetteville or Richmond rifle musket lock, I would die a happy man
    NJKLAGT likes this.

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    2531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NJKLAGT View Post
    Wow, if you can find a picture of the colourless one I'd love to see it, I love colourless historical flasks. I just did some searching around now and saw the price this one sold for - might as well not have any pockets at all! If I'm not mistaken, these never have the branches around the bust of Lafayette, right? Anyway, it's a searing beauty!
    Here you go, brother. I think you're right about the branches and as far as I know, the GI-89a is the only flask period, with herringbone ribbing on the sides. Hell of a piece of early American history. The colorless example was found just a couple or so years ago, so it's great to know that good stuff can still turn up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GI-89a obv colorless.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	1548884
    NJKLAGT and Bass like this.

ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Here you go, brother. I think you're right about the branches and as far as I know, the GI-89a is the only flask period, with herringbone ribbing on the sides. Hell of a piece of early American history. The colorless example was found just a couple or so years ago, so it's great to know that good stuff can still turn up.

Name:	GI-89a obv colorless.jpg 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	1548884
    Gobsmacking! I have to say, I like that one a lot more than the aqua one. There's something so beautiful about a colourless historical flask, it's almost otherworldly. You always just expect the aqua...

us
    Dec 2012
    Southern CT
    AT Pro/Ace 250
    653 times
    Yep, it's likely that it was a paper label - but you never know! Go find an embossed one and change bottle digging history forever. Man, you never post vids on YouTube anymore. I know it's winter now, but take us along if you get out in the spring, I really enjoy your videos, you find some killer stuff.
    Hey thanks man I appreciate that. I know itís been a while, and itís not for lack of trying. Most times the situation hasnít been right and I didnít get good/enough footage. And yeah the weather has been a factor. Hopefully this spring itíll be back to the old ways. I did find some decent stuff this fall, maybe Iíll get around to making a post here.
    NJKLAGT likes this.

ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlehunterofcoscob View Post
    Hey thanks man I appreciate that. I know it’s been a while, and it’s not for lack of trying. Most times the situation hasn’t been right and I didn’t get good/enough footage. And yeah the weather has been a factor. Hopefully this spring it’ll be back to the old ways. I did find some decent stuff this fall, maybe I’ll get around to making a post here.
    Yeah man, maybe it's just that you're the quality-over-quantity sort, and that's totally understandable. Watching an hour-long video where someone finds only a single Baker's extract is never that fun, haha, but at the same time, the landscapes you moved around in were so different, so it was always interesting.

us
    Dec 2012
    Southern CT
    AT Pro/Ace 250
    653 times
    Yeah man, maybe it's just that you're the quality-over-quantity sort, and that's totally understandable. Watching an hour-long video where someone finds only a single Baker's extract is never that fun, haha, but at the same time, the landscapes you moved around in were so different, so it was always interesting.
    Iíd like to think of myself as the quality over quantity type but other people would probably contend otherwise. Anyways I appreciate the support. I found a bunch of cool stuff in a river outside Boston this fall but I didnt get any good footage really so I never made a video. It was fun picking tho. I like going places most people wouldnít want to search because it feels more original, like Iím blazing my own trail. At least I can imagine and dream...
    sandchip likes this.

us
    OzarksDetector.com

Sep 2013
    USA
    CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
    440 times
    Metal Detecting
    GW Button would make me have a heart attack for sure...hope I don't find one...

or, do I?

LOL
    NJKLAGT likes this.

us
    Oct 2010
    Georgia
    Teknetics T2SE
    2531 times
    I can't limit myself to just one Holy Grail...

Name:	Tippecanoe.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	763.2 KB 
ID:	1549157
    NJKLAGT, gold boy, Bass and 2 others like this.

ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottlehunterofcoscob View Post
    I’d like to think of myself as the quality over quantity type but other people would probably contend otherwise. Anyways I appreciate the support. I found a bunch of cool stuff in a river outside Boston this fall but I didnt get any good footage really so I never made a video. It was fun picking tho. I like going places most people wouldn’t want to search because it feels more original, like I’m blazing my own trail. At least I can imagine and dream...
    Well it'd be nice to see some pics of what you found around Boston, anyway! And I get what you mean about searching in the weird places. Excepting one privy (that darn 10-footer, valuable lesson learned), I have yet to dig a place that was dug before me, all of my spots are virgin sites. To discover the place yourself, and then discover what secrets it holds, is where it's at.

ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by OZARKS View Post
    GW Button would make me have a heart attack for sure...hope I don't find one...

or, do I?

LOL
    That's what this thread is all about! Heart attack artifacts.

ca
    Oct 2014
    Southern Ontario
    Garrett Euro Ace 350
    1242 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I can't limit myself to just one Holy Grail...

Name:	Tippecanoe.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	763.2 KB 
ID:	1549157
    You go right for the throat, don't ya? Holy smokes, 'Chip, you really did take the "holy grail" thing to heart! What a beautiful bottle.

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    some where in the great state of Texas
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    8115 times
    coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    That's what this thread is all about! Heart attack artifacts.
    i don't don't want to find ring with the finger still in it
    NJKLAGT likes this.

us
    Apr 2008
    Midwesterner
    DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
    1545 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Iím not asking for much here. But a trifecta of these in pristine shape would do just nicely. JgasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518394726.871429.jpg 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	1549444
    Goldenplug, Bass, NJKLAGT and 1 others like this.
    JGAS

Jan 2013
    1682 times

What's your 'holy grail' ?

Lol, not asking for much. I may be confused but isnít that the one that went for highest bottle price ever?
    NJKLAGT likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links