Attachments

• 1518464335938.jpg
    1518464335938.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 54

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok...i'm pretty sure my dad has 2 of these??? (maybe..have to check)...been over 25 years since I have seen them in the bsmt....???? If I remember right one was dark brown/amber? maybe the other one as well...don't remember a green one....????

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I believe the bottle your father probably has two of are E.G. Booz as this tippecanoe flask are quite rare. They are similar in shape and a nice bottle and they came in several colors. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518465275.458043.jpg (picture from peach ridge glass)

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome thread. My holy Grail would be this Coventry CT Lafayette corregated flask. It would be amazing to dig one but that's never going to happen lol. I would even be happy to find the shards.

I reaaally like the colour on this flask. And you never know, you already got the cornucopia flask, so you're on the right track! Just keep digging - it's only a matter of time...

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A silver cup from the ancient Roman days engraved "JESVS CHRISTVS". I probably won't find it here in Colorado.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok...i'm pretty sure my dad has 2 of these??? (maybe..have to check)...been over 25 years since I have seen them in the bsmt....???? If I remember right one was dark brown/amber? maybe the other one as well...don't remember a green one....????

And let the bidding begin

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bottle and it went for a heap, but I believe this one brought the highest price for an antique bottle, sold publicly at roughly $176K. I've heard of others selling privately for more.

View attachment 1549766

Ok, wow! Thanks for the correction sandchip. I knew the western bitters was fetching a premium price but it’s nothing like this flask

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time i go out and find something i have never found before, i feel as if i have found the holy grail of all finds! Thing is, i hit the reset button and the holy grail changes. Go figure.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Forgive me if I’m wrong but I believe the bottle your father probably has two of are E.G. Booz as this tippecanoe flask are quite rare. They are similar in shape and a nice bottle and they came in several colors. View attachment 1549817 (picture from peach ridge glass)
They may be..?? I have no clue and haven't seen the bottles for close to 30 years now...:dontknow:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Okay now that I have come back to earth and settled down to maybe a little normal thinking on a Holy Grail. This one is within reach for us. Rare to say the least but what the heck it’s just a hutch right? I’ve only have bits and pieces of one after hundreds and hundreds of pits. Fingers crossed this one might be in the spring pit of destiny!!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518481054.727356.jpg . Jgas

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay now that I have come back to earth and settled down to maybe a little normal thinking on a Holy Grail. This one is within reach for us. Rare to say the least but what the heck it’s just a hutch right? I’ve only have bits and pieces of one after hundreds and hundreds of pits. Fingers crossed this one might be in the spring pit of destiny!!! View attachment 1549902 . Jgas

Shore up those walls and go deep, there's one at the bottom! I have a feeling the deeper pits would contain more artifacts, because people are strange and get more satisfaction out of the long drop. Whether it's a turd or a C.W. Arnold hutch, they listen for the splash. If they stopped to use a shallow privy, but knew there was a nice deep one just up the street, they'd hold it in a little longer, haha. "But I want to throw my C.W. Arnold hutch down that hole, the deep one with the long drop and loud splash, the one that jgas is going to dig 130 years from now!" We tend to think that people were more decent than that back then, but, those kinds of quirks were all undoubtedly there.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may be..?? I have no clue and haven't seen the bottles for close to 30 years now...:dontknow:

I agree with Plug, but you never know. It would be worth revisiting them for a few pictures for us to review. The gable-end Tippecanoe cabin is extremely rare with only two known examples. A mint example in amber of all things would probably command a quarter of a million. Even an original EG Booz brings around 3K nowadays. And Lairmo, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here, but I wish had a dollar for every time folks have told me, "I've got a bottle like that!" But with that said, check them out. It would thrill me for you to post a piece that would turn the bottle world on its head!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay now that I have come back to earth and settled down to maybe a little normal thinking on a Holy Grail. This one is within reach for us. Rare to say the least but what the heck it’s just a hutch right? I’ve only have bits and pieces of one after hundreds and hundreds of pits. Fingers crossed this one might be in the spring pit of destiny!!! View attachment 1549902 . Jgas

Jgas, you are so right. They don't have to be 5 and 6 figure bottles to be a Holy Grail, at least to me. I remember seeing one of these for the first time and how stricken I was with its crudity and character, such that I went home as a kid and drew a picture of it (had no camera, and there was no such thing as a cell phone). I never thought that I would have an opportunity to actually acquire one, but many years later, I did and it is one of my favorite bottles to this day.

C&C.jpg C&C1.jpg
C&C3.jpg C&C4.jpg
C&C2.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time i go out and find something i have never found before, i feel as if i have found the holy grail of all finds! Thing is, i hit the reset button and the holy grail changes. Go figure.

I agree. I've found bottles that wouldn't sell for 10 bucks, but I wouldn't take a million for them. The bottle and memories of finding it are worth much more to me. What kills me is that some diggers that find the best stuff, don't give a damn about the bottles and turn right around and sell 'em like they're nothing. Life ain't fair!:crybaby2:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
this may not be worth much or anything at all nut it is my favorite bottle its my oldest i like the bubbles in the glass i believe it was a medicine bottle P1090908.JPG P1090911.JPG

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jgas, you are so right. They don't have to be 5 and 6 figure bottles to be a Holy Grail, at least to me. I remember seeing one of these for the first time and how stricken I was with its crudity and character, such that I went home as a kid and drew a picture of it (had no camera, and there was no such thing as a cell phone). I never thought that I would have an opportunity to actually acquire one, but many years later, I did and it is one of my favorite bottles to this day.

View attachment 1550183

Okay, this is my favourite bottle in this thread so far. WOW.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a truly nice piece sandchip. I’m a fan of the crude, open pontil bottles

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I agree with Plug, but you never know. It would be worth revisiting them for a few pictures for us to review. The gable-end Tippecanoe cabin is extremely rare with only two known examples. A mint example in amber of all things would probably command a quarter of a million. Even an original EG Booz brings around 3K nowadays. And Lairmo, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck here, but I wish had a dollar for every time folks have told me, "I've got a bottle like that!" But with that said, check them out. It would thrill me for you to post a piece that would turn the bottle world on its head!
Well now I'm gonna have to pay a visit and try to pilfer through my dad's hoard....you are all probably right...surely right, but even for a $3K bottle it's worth going through the hoard...lol

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...a new spot to hunt along my 7 miles of beach....a new eroded pit or floated in treasure tangle....everything is getting pretty familiar, i need a good storm to chew things up, that is my current holy grail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread