Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was so eager to get back to the island where I got the " world famed blood mixture. That I broke all the rules and went very far from home with no partner. I decided to run the 15 miles up coast to get back to this spot (450 pieces of eight were also found in this spot too) my boat will do 65 no problem so its not to bad. As I approached the beach I went to set down and coast in , but had no steering as I backed off the throttle and started triming the engine I hit dry sand and was pitched onto the beach. Didnt even get my feet wet !! After inching the boat towards the water with some washed up 2xs I finally got it close enough to the water so the high tide would float it. At this point im spent but im 95 percent sure ill be all right. So waiting for the tide to come in I went bottle hunting . found a lea &Perrins with a hand applied top, put it in my pocket got a nice slick 1800s medicine. Found an 1800s Bordeaux wine , an imperial quart , and a beautiful golden yellow cuban beer. Also found the remanents of 3 seperate tabby cisterns, there was a nice sunburnt table glass there too. photo-826.JPG one of my most yellow bottles I now have doubles
photo-827.JPG old Bordeaux turned mold wine bottle !!
photo-829.JPG
photo-828.JPG
Imperial pint with hand applied lip, not sure on date but guessing at 1890s 1900 time frame ???? So where are the rest of the bottles ?? While going back to the boat/crash site.....I broke the one in my pocket by smashing it with the bottom of the bottle in my hand. 3rd 1800s bottle in three weeks.....thats more than ive broken most of my whole time collecting. I was enraged and threw a 5 year old temper tantrum by smashing them in the rocks with all my might. Now its sunset and I have got to get off the sand or im here till the morn. With another tremendous effort of prying, pulling, digging, and pushing I finally got floating at about 9 pm. Whooo hooo im outa here.......OH NO I STILL DONT HAVE STEERING could only go in left hand circles. Well guess ill fill the steering system with salt water and see what happens........wait a minute I have moter oil . So after pouring 2 quarts all over the dash to get a half quart into the steering system I made a turn for home port, with no lights, pitch dark, no GPS, and at least 2 flats ( areas of 6 inches -12 inches of water ) so went aground 2 more times but used the push pole to get over both of them. Turned the corner for home and almost clipped a marker !! Finally hit the dock with alarms blaring and motor oil every where. It was 12:08 am !!! That little voice in my head can really get me in trouble sometimes !! I told my wife to not worry and come find me if I wasnt home by the morning. Thats actually the short version !! It was also a surprise birthday party for me and I missed it !! Its called the buddy system and we should all abide by it on those long range hardcore trips. Also I took the time to clean most of the bottom on the boat !! I got to take a couple more pics. This new spot is hot !!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Love that Bordeaux, such a cool bottle.

And, it's cool that you're still alive and everything!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Dang Cool finds. Love the colors. Jgas.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you're saying is......These bottles will hold some memories and lessons for years to come:laughing7:glad you made it home.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, try to be more careful next time

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you're saying is......These bottles will hold some memories and lessons for years to come:laughing7:glad you made it home.

What im sayin is by the time your 48 you should know better than to be so stupid !! Far from home, spur of the moment decision, no partner, and a funny little voice saying are you sure about this !! Not to mention that my whole family was pissed that I missed my own birthday !! But ya this spots gonna be good and I love the colors too.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rammin speed!

Now that you have christened that pocket ,you are obligated to wear the same outfit ,till you look like a proper R. Crusoe.... Which you very nearly were/ are. :blackbeard:

Great finds man .Great finds.....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice bottles! :icon_thumleft:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha sounds like a few trips I have had out on my boat fortunately for me my boats only a 15ft flat bottom John boat so when I run out of water I can paddle it pretty good , yours must be a good size to do those speeds I’m sure it was exhausting to push it off the sand bars better luck next time out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread