WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckIdgr and I drove to Columbia City, In. to an insulator show that is going on this weekend. We have never been to one. It was an approximately 3 hour drive one way. We didn't know what to expect. When we told people where we came from, they were shocked that we drove that far for their show. They also informed us that there is a much bigger show in November in Springfield, OH., which is much, much closer to us. LOL! Now we know! Oh well. We did have a lot of fun together and we learned a little. That's the important thing.

Here is a pic of the items we bought. FYI we don't know anything about insulators. Between us, we spent $39.00.

DSCN1700.JPG

The wooden pins were advertised as new old stock. The guy told us they were from around 1910 and from Detroit. I paid $5.00 each for those, $1.00 for each insulators that I mounted on them and also the five radio insulators for a total of $17.00.

BuckIdgr bought two insulators for $1.00 each and then $20.00 for the purple Canadian insulator.

Also, the night before, Mr. Wrightdigger was cruising around on the fourwheeler and spied this modern insulator in our creek.

DSCN1619.JPG DSCN1620.JPG DSCN1621.JPG

Thanks for looking.

~Sis

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckIdgr and I drove to Columbia City, In. to an insulator show that is going on this weekend. We have never been to one. It was an approximately 3 hour drive one way. We didn't know what to expect. When we told people where we came from, they were shocked that we drove that far for their show. They also informed us that there is a much bigger show in November in Springfield, OH., which is much, much closer to us. LOL! Now we know! Oh well. We did have a lot of fun together and we learned a little. That's the important thing.

Here is a pic of the items we bought. FYI we don't know anything about insulators. Between us, we spent $39.00.

View attachment 1586471

The wooden pins were advertised as new old stock. The guy told us they were from around 1910 and from Detroit. I paid $5.00 each for those, $1.00 for each insulators that I mounted on them and also the five radio insulators for a total of $17.00.

BuckIdgr bought two insulators for $1.00 each and then $20.00 for the purple Canadian insulator.

Also, the night before, Mr. Wrightdigger was cruising around on the fourwheeler and spied this modern insulator in our creek.

View attachment 1586475 View attachment 1586476 View attachment 1586477

Thanks for looking.

~Sis
Sounds pretty interesting........I love my insulaters !! Ive never bought one , so my collection of a dozen or so are the ones ive dug/found. Just cant bring myself to buy any. Some kind of self written rule !! Did you see any purple ones ??

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like yall had a good time. Just think, if you hadn’t made the 3 hour drive to that show you wouldn’t have learned of the closer, larger show

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds pretty interesting........I love my insulaters !! Ive never bought one , so my collection of a dozen or so are the ones ive dug/found. Just cant bring myself to buy any. Some kind of self written rule !! Did you see any purple ones ??

Yeah. The American purple ones were selling for $35 & up. One of the smaller ones in the pic is the purple Canadian one that was $20.00. The guy told us the Canadian ones were made purple. The American ones are “bleached” purple by the sun.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like yall had a good time. Just think, if you hadn’t made the 3 hour drive to that show you wouldn’t have learned of the closer, larger show

yeah, we concluded that also. But we are still laughing at ourselves. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions