Gwc

Feb 17, 2016
Eastern Shore of Md
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bottle my father found years ago.He was a Waterman here on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.Saw two of these laying in the mud on low tide.Only have one left.Its round bottomed and after reading,believe it has an "applied blob".Has the initials "K.B" on the bottom.I haven't been able to find anything on the letters.It does have a seam but thick glass and a few bubbles.I don't know how to post pictures here but thought I'd ask if there was any other info.Thank you

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
They typically held soda or mineral water, I believe your bottle is from the UK, apparently there was a Kilner Bros. soda factory in West Yorkshire and that's where it came from, it dates 1880-1900...

OP
OP
G

Gwc

Feb 17, 2016
Eastern Shore of Md
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info.Ill look into them,see if I can find some pictures.Appreciate it

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The mineral or soda bottles that were round bottomed or torpedo shaped, had to lay on their sides to keep the cork from drying out, much like modern wine bottles. Without seeing a picture of it, I would guess late 1800's or early 1900's, like epackage stated...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread