Incredible sea gass haul !! All in 45 mins !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible sea glass haul !! All in 45 mins !!

photo-923.JPG
photo-924.JPG
photo-921.JPG
photo-925.JPG photo-922.JPG
photo-928.JPG
All this from my little secret beach in NY city in one 45 min. Mad dash at sunset. Wish I had all day and low tide. Ill be back !!! This is a sifters dream with the whole ground saturated with artifacts !!! This is just the sea glass !! Many great pieces including a beautiful and rare red !! Lots of embossed pieces and even some antique wire impregnated safety glass !! Lots of jewelry grade pieces and many oddities. I have another spot in boston like this !! The big cities are the best for fast glass and every type known to man !! photo-956.JPG
I also got all sorts of othe goodies here from pottery shards to all kinds of copper, bronze , brass and iron artifacts here too. Check out this little carved glass piece, looks like it was set in some piece of jewelry at one time ?? photo-892.JPG
photo-912.JPG
The big cities can be good but the spots are just specks of ground and mostly only good at low tide with good conditions. Wooo hooo!! I got my sea glass for the season in one shot. Also took this chunck of slag glass !!! It looks like a giant raw diamond !! Lol haaaa!! I had to keep it its to cool !! photo-927.JPG photo-926.JPG
The cullinan diamond did draw alot of attention in my carry on at the airport !! I flew home with all fhis in my carry on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sea glass

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice glass bart,you would really enjoy river walking up here now that the water is low and it's going to get lower..all kinds of treasure.

GOD Bless

Chris

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice glass Bart. So what would one do with it? Would make great mosaic art.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice glass Bart. So what would one do with it? Would make great mosaic art.

The jewlrey folks in florida make high end pieces from the rare colors. Its big business these days, and there are collectors every where. The highly embossed pieces and strange oddities are highly collectable and sought after by cutom jewelry makers. Ill take some pics of the stranger better pieces.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures of what you collected . I learn something new on this site everyday .But I can see how the items you showed in the pictures could be used for making jewelry .Thanks for the education.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. when I first saw the thread I thought it said "sea GRASS".

I was thinking what the heck does he have clumps of sea grass for.

:P

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried and tried to fix that mistake and could not do it ARC !! Oh well !! Got to be more careful next time.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-935.JPG some rare colors and other oddities the collecters love and jewelry makers look for. photo-934.JPG
Instead of me trying to explain the phenomenon, ill let you guys google sea glass, rare seaglass, seaglass jewelry, seaglass art. photo-933.JPG strange pieces like this wire reinforced and embossed piece of saftey glass are rare and sought after. photo-930.JPG this one is fire melted glass that has been weatherd by the sea into seaglass, this is very desired and hard to find. photo-932.JPG here is a big piece of embossed seaglass in cobalt blue . The little yellowish piece is a piece of uranium sea glass that glows under the black light. Never ever seen one before except mine, ultra rare !! photo-931.JPG
This is just a nice big green piece with embossing, sometimes a real nice dark color can be desirable too.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like them bottle necks they look cool with that wear on them and give you the age of some of the stuff in the area, oh lets not foget that big diamond

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of sea glass! :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread