glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past few summers I have be lucky enough to usually able to find something to bring home when I go out bottle digging . Even if the things I keep are not real old or anything special I save something. This summer I have returned home empty handed most of the time . Last week I got out for a short time and found a few keepers for me . Today I hit a spot that has shown some potential but I do not find a lot on any given dig at that spot . Anyway the milk bottle and the Hires Root Beer I found today and the others where from last week . The excitement was a 4 foot long Black Snake that was curled up in the brush directly in my path as I was headed for my digging spot View attachment 014.jpg 011.JPG 010.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like that milk. And that is some snake!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds that snake is nothing that a 22 won't take care of

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds that snake is nothing that a 22 won't take care of

Those black snakes are harmless. They might scare the crap out of you, but you can't shoot them for that!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like the milk bottle also. Never have seen one with the buttons around the neck before.

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool spot, cool bottles, cool snake! Maybe you'll find some snake oil bottles! haha

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your responses .The snake seemed to think it was there first .So I just took a 6 foot detour around it . It was not threating .I simply was not expecting it to be there . I have nothing against snakes but I would not stand there and let it strike me if it tried I enjoy finding any embossed Milk bottle and this one is a little different for most of the others I find . As I said my day last week and my day this week where at least something to report about

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the bottles in the top right photo! :occasion14: They will display real nice! :icon_thumleft:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eastern black king snake

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Professor Thanks for looking .Like I said I keep things that appeal to me I know most of what I picture here are not that old. Bass I am not sure exactly what type of snake it was . It was about 4 foot long and it's under side was yellow with some white. I think snakes are neat critters and just another part of nature . But I prefer to know they are there before I see it curled up right in front of me . But we both wanted the same thing .That was to be left alone . Thanks for the ID .There is always more to learn .And learning is the main reason I like this site

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Very nice. Love the milk. Keep the snake. Ha. Jgas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread