Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

Earlier this week I went out for two back-to-back hunts, and just got around to cleaning up my finds now. The first one was a detecting hunt at a new house site, waaay out of town. There was a very large intact cellar hole. There were garden lilies and lilacs growing everywhere. JGAS I DIDN'T FIND THE PRIVY, but then maybe I didn't spend enough time probing, and it was only my first time there. I will return though! Man, I've got two or three great sites with huge privy potential, so I've gotta stop procrastinating and get 'er done. Anyway, the archaeology at this new place was pretty messed up, lots of scrap metal, lots of stuff moved around. I did find some nice shards, like this beautiful amber applied top. I found some lantern parts, an old pocket knife, and a suspender buckle. My favourite find was this beautiful round object, probably a bridle rosette, with a chain pattern around it. It's all cracked up and crumbling on the back like some of those Civil War plates you see, like old pewter or lead or whatever, and maybe plated with silver? It certainly looks like silver. I think it's the oldest find that I brought home. I also found a Canadian 1882H penny, the only coin from this hunt. On the way home I stopped by the cemetery to pay my respects to the man of the house, and also some War of 1812 veterans.

The next day I went back to the ol' insulator graveyard. I've included that picture of all the broken insulators from a previous post, for those who haven't seen it - unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me this time. Anyway, I was digging for about half an hour without success but finally got this little blown amethyst extract from Toronto. Sure enough, I got into a little pocket of intact stuff. I got a few little trinkets, like an "Ever-Ready" shaving razor, a makeup compact that I haven't got open yet that contains a gold coin, a super tiny salt shaker, and a marble. I got a larger shaker of some sort, a food jar with many sides, a "Reliable Doll" bottle for a toy doll, a bunch of beautiful blown vials (I love these things), and a great soda. This "Jersey-Creme Company" soda from Toronto is emerald green, 12-sided, and holds 7 ounces. I could only find one image of a clear variant, and one image of a green quart. Any Canadian collectors on here know anything about this bottle? 'Looks like it's from around 1930. I also found some intact insulators! But the most interesting surprise from the dirt was what might be my second Native American adze or celt! I'm going to check with the guys over in the other forum to see what they think about it.

So that's my two-day haul, nothing crazy, but enough to keep me curious and hungry for more.

Good luck and happy hunting,

N

DSCF4456.JPG DSCF4462.JPG DSCF4481.JPG DSCF4497.JPG DSCF4470.JPG DSCF4484.JPG DSCF3531.JPG DSCF4514.JPG DSCF4543.JPG DSCF4517.JPG

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome haul. I found a suspender clip similar to your's just recently.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
f9886dc4e277d3eac5af9a9ae2bae2d8.jpg

Nice assortment of finds. The green bottle is a keeper for sure.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dudes! Here are some more pics of the celt if you're interested, everyone in the Native artifacts forum is saying it's legit, and a pic of the Native artifacts I've found so far. Other than the chert knife/hide scraper, these all look like the same type of stone...

DSCF4520.JPG DSCF4522.JPG DSCF4555.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and a great place to hunt! :occasion14:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Celt! Get that compact open! Good post and thanks for sharing

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Professor, I'm hoping to get out for some digging tomorrow, just gotta look after my little nephew for most of the morning...

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bass! The gold coin was just a joke, but we can all dream, right?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bass! The gold coin was just a joke, but we can all dream, right?

Canā€™t tell you how many old compacts Iā€™ve dug and opened hoping for a coin to be in one

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That applied top just got my mouth watering, wow. Great stuff. Please find the privy for me! Lol. Keep em coming. Jgas.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That applied top just got my mouth watering, wow. Great stuff. Please find the privy for me! Lol. Keep em coming. Jgas.

I knoooowww! What a beautiful piece of glass eh? Such a stubby neck, looks a lot like a Saratoga or something similar.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, and congrats on the nice Indian celt! Gotta love the random artifact finds that are many centuries older than the rest of the dump.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, and congrats on the nice Indian celt! Gotta love the random artifact finds that are many centuries older than the rest of the dump.

Thank you! I keep getting lucky with these artifacts. Gotta keep my eyes peeled! I do know that one time when I first started digging, I found an odd smooth long rock, way out of the ordinary, looked like some kind of pounding tool, but I dismissed it and it got buried in my pile. I'm never going to look at stone objects the same way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread