Bought a crock at an auction!

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same auction as last week, I thought I was going to have to tire my arm out bidding but ended up getting it for just under $30!!! I guess nobody seen it till it was too late. :icon_scratch: I felt like it was a twilight zone episode or something lol.

Any info is appreciated, I know nothing about it. Also I will be trying to sell it so I am interested in finding a possible value for it.

Thanks for any any help and for looking.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think it's very old, maybe 40-50 years, looks like a decorator piece from Italy or Spain... It's a nice looking piece though

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen the crossed arms on Franciscan items too, no idea what the date refers to..

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to say "Franciscan coat of arms".

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the crossed arms on Franciscan items too, no idea what the date refers to..

Considering it would not really make sense to make an import item that your customer would not understand what the symbols mean would not make much sense for it to be an imported item and rather something meant for a local consumer.

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured it out the s f stands for Saint Francis! Well at least I'm pretty sure.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering it would not really make sense to make an import item that your customer would not understand what the symbols mean would not make much sense for it to be an imported item and rather something meant for a local consumer.
I never said it was for import, if anything it would make sense it was a piece that would be sold to travelers to be brought back after a trip to the area it represents... ;) Like my Aruba ashtrays even though I've never smoked... lol

Army

Sep 3, 2018
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
I have not done metal detecting since 1995 but at that time I had a Fisher underwater metal detector.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Is Majolica ceramic, hand painted. Could be Spanish or Italian. Is not the Florence coat of arms .

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be a replica of a piece from that date by the creator of yours Nice pice great price

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread