The AMAZING KINDNESS of people in this hobby...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone posted on my Paterson stoneware group on Facebook the jug seen below, he has an extensive collection, but all different styles and from all different areas. The last time one in this style came up on Ebay I didn't bid on it because another Paterson collector already had placed a bid, and we have a gentleman's agreement among us that the first bidder gets the jug or bottle UNLESS it is an ultra rare piece, then all bets are off. I told the gentleman who shared the pic on my group how nice it was and asked if he bought it from the couple who won it on Ebay back in 2011, turns out he got from another person in Wayne N.J..

I didn't offer to buy it, and I didn't tell him if he ever sells it to please contact me first, I just told him how nice it was and that it was one of two I needed to have a complete group of them, Henry Cross has the other style I need. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning to a PM offering me the jug if I wanted it, and of course I said yes. So I now own 5 of the 6 known script 1/2 gallon variants, one of those in the style Henry has will pop up somewhere, someday, it's the hunt and the kind people that's makes this hobby so great.

Adolph L. Schwarz started business at 239-241 Straight St. from 1868-1880 before moving to 99 Main St. from 1880-1919. He had the largest liquor store in the state of N.J. at the turn of the century... Thanks again Frank

P1010023.jpg
P1010024.jpg
schwarz half gal.jpg
4029034460a.JPG
4029034458.JPG

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The undisputed chief archivist and curator of glass and stoneware from Paterson, New Jersey.

Congratulations again! 'Still waiting for that Archdeacon...

Last edited:

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked in a stoneware factory for more than 30 years .So I know a little about the process that it took to produce pottery. Those old jugs and crocks are a look back in time when the manufacture of anything was completely different to today's mass production .You have an amazing collection .But more in important you are preserving history .Thanks for the pictures They are artwork to me. Also I agree 100% with your comment about people in this hobby being so kind

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice jugs There are many good people still out there!!!!Great post

Top Member Reactions