Beehive puzzle

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After going back to a certainly heavily dipped privy on numerous sifting days, I think I got all that I am going to get of this jug. So I finished glueing it up after finding the mouth and handle. She ain't pretty but she's a saved piece of my local history.....that makes her a little cute anyways:laughing7: 20190105_153411.jpg 20190105_153331.jpg thanks for lookin,vn

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This took quite a while as each time sifting the area would turn up a few more pieces. They were pretty spread out. I had about given up on getting anything to show from it until I found the top and fortunately enough edges touched to make it somewhat presentable......but dont ask the wife what she thinks of it :laughing7:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job, gonna rebuild this one back to a whole jug, I have a sacrificial jug from Ebay for $9.99 to complete the job...

$HR1111111a.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the pieces you're missing are probably those incised or stenciled with an unknown undocumented unlisted local whisky distiller - don't you just hate that?

Haha, great job on the repair! Sometimes you don't find every piece, but then that gives it a more "museum artifact" look. I like it!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Danged sideways pics....uuggghhh:BangHead:

That's OK, Clicking on the pic turns it right side up. Better look for more pieces. It's warn down there. NJ said it well. Nice job assembling what you have.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see someone else doing this sort of reconstruction job on a piece. I’ve recently gotten into it myself and have a bunch of projects going at once. Surprising how much can be pieced together. But yeah, family thinks I’m nuts.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see someone else doing this sort of reconstruction job on a piece. I’ve recently gotten into it myself and have a bunch of projects going at once. Surprising how much can be pieced together. But yeah, family thinks I’m nuts.
Love to see your projects when completed.....yea nuts is a approprite description:tongue3:

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he found on ebay, a non descript jug of the same size and color that he intends to carefully break up in order to carefully fit the fragments onto his Patterson jug by grinding the broken shards to fit . Being stoneware, this should be a doable little project. Hope to see it when he's complete.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he found on ebay, a non descript jug of the same size and color that he intends to carefully break up in order to carefully fit the fragments onto his Patterson jug by grinding the broken shards to fit . Being stoneware, this should be a doable little project. Hope to see it when he's complete.

This I gotta see.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage.....if you are out there, show us the goods. Yes I would like to see it too.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't done it yet, a grinder with a diamond wheel makes cutting the jug I got on Ebay an easy job. I placed a piece of paper around the outside on the broken jug and traced the edges onto the paper, then cut along those lines and transferred the marks to the Ebay jug. Some Crazy Glue and Bondo and it'll be ready for my buddy to paint. He did a nice job on this jug, I expect the same results on this one...

$1a.jpg
$1a1.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice save and restoration! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting