Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

You might see some posts like this over the winter, just group shots of different things, to stay involved while I can't dig. I encourage anyone else who can't dig to do the same!

So here are the Crowns and Perfect Seals that I've dug. These are Canadian jars, so I thought that maybe the Americans would be curious to see them.

I have a few other different Crowns, but for this colour run I stuck with machine-made variants embossed with the picture of a crown.

You're probably wondering why I went full flea market mom and wrapped the Perfect Seals with twine. Simply put, they look too bare, like something's missing, without the wire bail.

The Perfect Seal sequence image is from the SHA website.

DSCF8249c.jpg DSCF8256c.jpg perfectseal.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I like those crown jars, they cleaned up great. Very attractive jar. Too bad about the bail wires. Guess they don't hold up well in the ground. I have a lot of bails, some clean and some mildly rusty. I would be happy to give you some if you thought they would fit. The only issue would be to fashion the wire with the ears.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice collection of jars. I like them all. Jgas.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! In the Crown picture from the left, jars 4, 5, and 6 were all dug this year. In the Perfect Seal pic, jars 1, 2, 5, and 6 were all dug this year, 3 of those in just one dig, that recent craziness, and the other one only a couple weeks earlier. All the other jars are from over the last 3 years or so. 2018 was insane for jars though, no doubt about it.

Here is my "other" pile of Crowns, two of which are from this year as well! The first is a ground lip (the one not from this year), the middle one is just awesome, one of my favourite Crowns, and the last one is "Cyclops", the only ABM half gal I've dug, a few weeks ago. An amethyst or odd colour half gal is one of my bucketlisters for sure.

DSCF8261.JPG

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NJKLAGT You have a nice collection and display . I have a few crown lids but not the amount that you show on your pic . I have a few clear lids that are glass I have attached a picture .I guess they are more modern than what you are showing They appear to be a 010.JPG seal that would be placed on top of the jar and than held fast with a ring fasten on threads of a jar

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NJKLAGT You have a nice collection and display . I have a few crown lids but not the amount that you show on your pic . I have a few clear lids that are glass I have attached a picture .I guess they are more modern than what you are showing They appear to be a View attachment 1669476 seal that would be placed on top of the jar and than held fast with a ring fasten on threads of a jar

Thanks, glass half fool! I've come across maybe only one of those while digging, the top left one. Apparently we get very different jars on either side of the border!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds you have a nice collection there Well done and thanks for sharing them Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions