New bottles

Joe t

Sep 23, 2015
Warren Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett treasure ace 300 and a fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up today, my cousin gave them to me, I think that they are from the 50,s, they still have the liquid inside, should i empty them ? 20190325_203733.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any reason to empty them unless you just want to. I think the contents add to how they display.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
My personal feelings differ from Sand and many other collectors. I would empty the contents on the off chance they get knocked over and broken. What they contain may either smell bad by now, stain whatever surface they possibly break on, and the contents add zero value to the bottles collectability IMO. If you really want them to be displayed with contents I'd suggest washing them out, adding water and a few drops of food coloring so if they do happen to get broken you aren't dealing with what I mentioned above... Just my two cents, which if you add $5 to, will get you a Venti frappucinno at Starbucks.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99.9 percent of the time I just like looking at the glass. But in this case, if you were to take away the lids, and then the labels, and then the contents, there'd be almost nothing interesting left to look at, because these are just plain clear bottles underneath it all.

So yeah, if I did collect this sort of thing, in this case I guess I might keep the contents! If it were some beautiful colourful pontiled bottle with some lumpy brown sludge sloshing around inside, I'd probably clean it out...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep them ass they are I agree really cool bottles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread