RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now you're just rubbing it in!:laughing7: It really comes to life with a little backlighting.

Yep!:laughing7:

DSC_0405.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you have it than showing it is not rubbing it in .It is just letting the facts be the facts .No reason to hide the truth

Now if I can find a bottle older than 1870, I'll be happy, and there will be some over excited picture posting...

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if I would even know what a bottle older than 1870 is .I keep the things I like just because I like them You guys have been posting some really special items .But I don't know much about them other than that look like some great keepers

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know if I would even know what a bottle older than 1870 is .I keep the things I like just because I like them You guys have been posting some really special items .But I don't know much about them other than that look like some great keepers

I am heavy into the Civil War, and Civil War bottles are some of my favorites, I just can't afford them.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have it then showing it is not rubbing it in. It is just letting the facts be the facts. No reason to hide the truth

Surely, you realize that I was just kidding around, right? You know, laughing emoji, etc.? My whole objective of starting this thread was to get everyone to post as many pictures of their bottles as possible so that we have something to enjoy every day.

Last edited:

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandchip Yes I realize that ! When I said if you have it than show it I was referring to the how the bottle looked with the sun shine on it .I hope to find time to get a few pictures together of some of my favorite bottles later today . I have enjoyed this thread a lot

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on some cool bottles

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dreary, rainy day here so I figured I'd resurrect this thread with one little ink and one big ink, both survivors of my dark day in September.

butler2_LI.jpg butler1_LI.jpg

half gal sided master.jpg half gal sided master1.jpg half gal sided master2.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll contribute this crier. "A WANNER & CO'S SEPIA". I'd guess early 1870s, but very possibly 1860s. :sadsmiley:

DSCF0154.JPG DSCF0159.JPG

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh dang, that is such a heartbreaker, and what a killer bottle it would've been. Definitely looks early 1860s to me if all that crudity and character is any indicator. Love those early colored, panelled medicines.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently bought a kayak at a yard sale. First time out was on my birthday in August. I was in the Milwaukee river near my house. I glide past a clear bottle and go back. Thinking it was going to be slick to my surprise was this prohibition Blatz bottle fully intact. Most likely a soda water or near beer bottle. Sorry in advance for the sideways pic..
20190803_135330_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice beer. An acid bath ought to clean it right up!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did the classic sand and water trick. cleaned real nice after that :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one of the first pontils I acquired as a teenager. Some guy at a bottle club meeting sold it to me for 10 bucks, which was about right back then. Aqua pontils didn't get near the attention they do today.

neg.jpg neg1.jpg neg2.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few that I found on my latest dig .The brown beer bottle has the letters E&B on the bottom .The clear one is a McCormick spice bottle and the other one I guess might be a perfume bottle . I like the color of it .I thought I would post this here to help keep this thread going . It has been gong for a while now but with winter coming the digging slows down View attachment IMG_1751.jpg

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a Roback's on a boring Friday night, and honestly, I hope it stays that way.

robacks.jpg robacks1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread