Just post something...

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Pick these two up today at a bottle show / sale in Ny. Now that I'm older buying seems to be a easier option and more productive than digging. The Dr. Boyce Bitters is a Vermont bottle that I didn't have and the Quart Double Eagle had great whittle and color although it is a common flask.

Attachments

• IMG_9047.JPG
    IMG_9047.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9060.JPG
    IMG_9060.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 56

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Real nice bottles. I had flier about that show, but lost it.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, guys!

You are so right, RustyScrew:laughing7:. A good proprietor or place name does make a difference in the desireability of a bottle, for sure.

I talked to some guys doing some storm drain work a few years back. The trackhoe operator said he could hear glass crunching with every scoop. I had heard that a couple of saloons backed up to this low area. I begged, bargained, everything I could think of to get them to let me follow the bucket, but they were so danged paranoid about OSHA coming up or some crap that they wouldn't let me. I thanked them and noticed something laying on top of this mountain of dirt, so I figured I'd go up and over it as my exit route, picking this bottle up as a headed out. I saw the embossing in the slug plate and was happy enough because I had always wanted one of these. I got to the truck and wiped the clay off the back side and saw "Coca-Cola". Found out later from the fellow that wrote the book on Georga crowntops that this was only the third one he had ever heard of. I guess if you can only grab one bottle, it helps if it's a good one. Can't help but wonder what else was out there though...

View attachment 1717156 View attachment 1717157

That’s a nice early script

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a nice early script

Here's couple more Croods. "You able to write, son?" "Well, I uh..." "Good, you're hired!"

H.jpg H1.jpg H2.jpg

M.jpg M1.jpg M2.jpg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like digging locally embossed bottles like these......but they don't come easy. 20181004_185423.jpg 20180724_180949.jpg 20180827_205258.jpg

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. They've been extremely hard to come by in my parts. Are "Braidentown" and "Bradentown" early spellings for Bradenton?

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya. They've been extremely hard to come by in my parts. Are "Braidentown" and "Bradentown" early spellings for Bradenton?

Yes it is all the same.....braidentown spelling from 1878-1903....bradentown 1903-1924.....Bradenton 1924-present

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice bottle find!:occasion14:

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a couple of Lynch & Clarke mineral waters, both dug by the late Tommy Mitchiner. These are probably the earliest and rarest variants from a partnership formed in 1823 that continued until the death of Mr. Lynch in 1833. The one on the right is known as the "medicine top" and was supposedly a special order for a physician who wanted to add medicinal ingredients and herbs specially formulated for prescription to his individual patients.

L&C.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0861.jpg DSC_0862.jpg DSC_0863.jpg DSC_0864.jpg DSC_0865.jpg DSC_0867.jpg DSC_0868.jpg DSC_0870.jpg

Bottles I bought yesterday for $36. That green bottle is not a wine bottle, but actually a label-less Blue Lick Mineral Water bottle.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a figural bottle I found eroding into the bay up in Maine:

0428191146.jpg

0428191146a.jpg

Unfortunately, the cap was missing, which takes any value away, as it's a Lincoln Bank bottle, and the coins go in the cap.
Also found a figural with label 'Kossack', but don't have a pic of it yet.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time you post these it's like seeing them for the first time again. Such killer pieces of glass, such works of art!

Thanks, man. I'm glad that you don't get tired of seeing them. You look at 'em just the way I do, as works of art. The crudity adds so much to their appeal. I'm hoping that one day, my finances will allow for me to add a quart size, if one becomes available at the right time.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottles I bought yesterday for $36. That green bottle is not a wine bottle, but actually a label-less Blue Lick Mineral Water bottle.

Can't beat that deal with a stick! I still gotta get me a photo set-up like that. Does a good job of showing the embossing. You must live on top of a mountain. I don't know if I'll be able to find a spot like that down here in the sticks.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rise and shine, everybody.

bininger1.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't beat that deal with a stick! I still gotta get me a photo set-up like that. Does a good job of showing the embossing. You must live on top of a mountain. I don't know if I'll be able to find a spot like that down here in the sticks.

Yep! I live right on top of a ridge.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just looking at these bottles makes me wish I had a pontiled bottle. Even my war bottles don't have a pontil!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good looking display. You're bound to find a pontil eventually. I've found less than 10 in 45 years of collecting, nothing great and never an iron pontil.

This one's for you, Rusty. My only Kentucky pontil.

S&S1.jpg S&S.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread