sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Five days and no bottle posts? I'm gettin' the shakes here. Come on guys 'n' gals, let's see what you have out there...

Here's one I picked up at a show last year to kick it off.

ryan.jpg ryan1.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a beauty sandchip. I would have grabbed it also. I haven't really dug bottles in over 45 years when I did it with an excavator. I have some really nice ones. Perhaps you have encouraged me to post them. Richard

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty! That's a John Ryan I've never seen before.

I know how you feel about checking for new posts. Sometimes I feel like there are only a dozen bottle diggers in the whole wide world. In reality, I bet most diggers are on antique-bottles.net, but, I just can't bring myself to make the transition. I've met all you people here and I'm stubborn and this is where I'm staying. I wonder how many antique-bottles.net users have even heard about this forum - we need to convert them! Haha

Really though, I've just had some very slow digging lately, no real stories to tell. My next post will probably one of those "here's a bunch of stuff from a bunch of different sites" posts...

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, if I only posted recent finds, you wouldn't hear much from me. Hard to find the time to do any looking any more. So, I'm just pulling stuff off the shelf and throwing it on and I encourage everybody to do the same. If it's a rerun, who cares? I sure don't. I'd rather do that than see no glass at all!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
There! I hope that eases your pain Sandchip!!! Lol. Nice Savannah one too. I love that. Jgas.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandchip, we've gotta keep the ball rolling, like you said, so here we are: lately I've been at this haaard site, a lumpy bumpy site, and I've done some metal detecting, but I also found a trash pit. There was later stuff and some older shards. Here's a beer from about 1930 with a very well-preserved foil label, and an ironstone china J&G Meakin dish from about 1890-1907. I don't know how the dish survived because almost everything was broken. That's the best I could do for now!

NJ

DSCF9647.JPG DSCF9656.JPG DSCF9661.JPG

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love beer and this bottle came from a high altitude mining town. I can’t imagine the beer surviving the rough road on wagon to get there. A gopher had exposed another plain bottle and this was below. Colorado bottles are not to old in comparison. It is a good one for me! 12DF4CFB-4E44-4793-8080-D882CEB046F8.jpeg I’m surprised we don’t see more of these posted. Thanks for the post Sandchip!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great embossing on that Bud!

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few slicksters that I've found through the years.

slicks.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I love beer and this bottle came from a high altitude mining town. I can’t imagine the beer surviving the rough road on wagon to get there. A gopher had exposed another plain bottle and this was below. Colorado bottles are not to old in comparison. It is a good one for me! View attachment 1713335 I’m surprised we don’t see more of these posted. Thanks for the post Sandchip!

That's got to be a rare bottle. Take good care of it.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful bottle, and an even better story! I always thought those early Buds were really cool.

That's got to be a rare bottle. Take good care of it.

When you find them it adds a lot of personal value, more than the actual bottle. Thanks for the posts! It would be nice to have a collection from the old famous breweries!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I may have post this one a while back. Seeing one similar in your slicksters pic caused me to post this. Probably quart size and very dark olive color.

Rye 1.JPG Rye 2.JPG

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful, I love the subtle differences in the coloring of the old bottles. Please share how you set up the lighting for that picture. I can’t do mine justice.

I've had a time getting it right myself, and this was the first time I had tried this set up. I took the old ironing board that belonged to my granny, the kind you lay across two chairbacks, and put it on my work bench. It's just a rough sawn 1 x 12. As a side note, the taper on the end was done with a hatchet. Anyway, I took a large piece of white poster board that some hood stripes came in that I had to install for a customer (I don't throw away much), and caught one edge under the back edge of the board and curved it up against my shop window. It was getting late in the day, so I also aimed an old desk lamp from the right for a little extra light. After taking the picture, I cropped it to take out all the crap, bringing the bottom up just to include the edge of the board. Never have been a fan of pictures of otherwise great artifacts with grungy feet or dirty dishes in the background, but that's just me. With today's technology right at our fingertips, it's not like you need a photography studio. Sorry for digressing, but thanks for the kind words. It'll be interesting to see how well embossing shows up with this set-up.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm with ya! Let me photograph a few I just found/bought.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you think Depew would be a local company and the bottles didn't get around?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a Hoster's beer bottle from Columbus today on the Ohio river. 1920's probably. The bottom is broke, but I found the base piece, and it fits perfectly. Now I need super glue.

DSC_0793.jpg

Next I went to an antique store and bought a Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound, and a Wagners and Sons Brewing Company beer bottle. The Wagners bottle is especially cool, because they were in business from 1933-1937.

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Hoster's beer bottle from Columbus today on the Ohio river. 1920's probably. The bottom is broke, but I found the base piece, and it fits perfectly. Now I need super glue.

View attachment 1713597

Next I went to an antique store and bought a Lydia Pinkham's Vegetable Compound, and a Wagners and Sons Brewing Company beer bottle. The Wagners bottle is especially cool, because they were in business from 1933-1937.

View attachment 1713598

View attachment 1713599

Those are nice .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread