epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks to a glitch on Facebook my old profile can't be accessed, but I was tagged in a post by Facebook and able to get in today. I was able to PM everyone who was suspicious and unwilling to accept my new friend request, and I was able to read thru about 75 messages left for me in the last month. One of those messages was from a friend who saw an A.L. Schwarz jug at an antique show in N.Y. state yesterday, but he didn't buy me the jug because I didn't respond since I couldn't see the message. He told me where the show was, and where the booth might be, so I Googled the location and sure enough the show was still there today.

So I took the 1-1/2 hour drive and found the booth, and much to my delight the jug he shared was still there, and at a price that was fair. Then I looked up and my jaw dropped, there on the shelf above was another of ULTRA RARE NJ 1 gallon jug, the only known CHEMICAL script jug as far as I know. Amazingly I bought another 4 line variant of this same jug from a woman in Canada on Facebook 5 years ago. I asked about the jug and it's price, and the seller told me he has only ever seen one other on Ebay 5 or 6 years ago, and he priced his the same as the one he saw on Ebay. He said it was gone from Ebay so fast he knew it had to be rare. It turns out the one he saw was the one I got here, which I took down from Ebay and sold privately, so I made a deal for the pair of jugs.

I am a big believer in karma, which is why I took the chance with 3 hours of drive time, and sure enough karma took care of me again. I will look to find the jug a new home, I figure it still has to be just as desirable being the only chemical script jug from any state I have ever seen. Pictured are the two jugs I got today side by side, the six 1/2 gallons I now own, the matching 4 gallon variant to the Schwarz jug I got today, and a side by side of the two Wuestner's jugs from Jersey City N.J., the one I got here is on the left, and the new one on the right...

DSC01086.jpg
DSC01092.jpg
$1 (1)a111111aaaaaa1.jpg
$1 (1)a111111a12a 2 gal1a.jpg

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a fine collection you've put together. What are their ages, out of curiosity?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beauties, Jim, especially the Dry Plate Works pair. This old letterhead loves the brushwork in the script on 'em.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful additions to your collection !!!!! Congrats !!!!!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
You always seem to uncover great stuff. Congratulations.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome display bottles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread