Yet ANOTHER new Paterson N.J. stoneware jug...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a banner week for new additions, and it's not often that a Paterson piece comes up for sale that I've never heard of or seen before, but a little over a week ago numerous FB people alerted me to this awesome 1/2 gallon. Going to research the company now, I'm hoping someone knows the potter based on the "A" debossed at the base below the handle. For some reason I am thinking Akron Ohio based on my memory of seeing this marked posted and asked about previously, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway it's another great piece for my ever growing collection, I figured once I got first pick thru my mentor's collection new finds would be few and far between, yet I added 7 stoneware pieces and 4 glass bottles in the last week. Paterson is the small city that just keeps on giving...

UPDATED RESEARCH... M
y research never shows a listing for "The New York Wine & Liquor Company", thru the years the saloon was owned and operated by Zucker & Steiner 1898-1901, Herman Steiner 1901-02, 1903 no directory, Abraham Weistein 1904-07, 1908 no directory, Bernard Gleicher 1909-19. So my educated guess based on the style is that Mr. Gleicher only operated his saloon under his name, but the wholesale liquor was sold under this company name...

$1 1aa11a11a1aa1.JPG
$1 1aa11a11a1aa11a.jpg
222222418.JPG

Last edited:

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the day never comes when you can say you found them all. Keep huntiin:thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Awesome one E. New wing of the house going up soon? Gotta have somewhere to put all those goodies! Nice addition. Jgas.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome one E. New wing of the house going up soon? Gotta have somewhere to put all those goodies! Nice addition. Jgas.
Pictures of shelving being built will be shared once they are done and the jugs and bottles are put on them, I think I have the perfect spot for the 1/2 gallons on the wall to the left of my desk, taking measurements tomorrow.... ;)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow shes a beauty too great find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread