Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0619.jpg

I, along with everybody else in the region, have been after this Coca Cola straight side for a while now. I found it at an antique shop owned by a local bottle digger. He found it underneath what is currently Marshall University's football stadium. It's in dandy condition, and valued at about $200+-. Because I bought it directly from the digger, I only paid $45. I'm on his calling list when he starts putting his 10,000 bottle collection up for sale.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking embossing. Very good score.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1nascar.jpg

Another look at the embossing. Huntington Cokes have really dark amber glass most times, a color I like to call Molasses amber.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really is a great looking coke, congrats!

I'm not sure if such an arrangement is possible, but you're probably younger and more energetic than the digger with 10,000 bottles he needs to sell so maybe you could come to an agreement to buy lower value bottles at good prices to resell on eBay and flea markets, or help list and ship bottles for a commission/fee. I'm sure he would have enough motivation to sell 3 or 4 figure bottles himself but he probably doesn't want to mess with thousands of 10.00-50.00 bottles so there may be an opportunity for you to make some cash and get more for the collection.

I've set up at bottle shows a few times but the best I've ever done was at the general monthly flea market selling cheap stuff most serious collectors have no interest in. 4-500 dollar days selling nothing over 5 bucks each. I thought they'd like the sodas more but for me the flea marketers love the common but appealing BIM patent medicines, bromos and older mason jars (with zinc lids so they can store/display stuff inside). Great way to clear out space and the clientele seemed to be very supportive of and impressed by younger dealers willing to wheel 'n deal and sell at good prices. That digger probably doesn't want to mess with dozens of Kilmers Swamp Roots, Dr Pierce's, Dr King's, etc. but a bright-eyed energetic young face can make great money selling them off if you're willing and have transportation.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude thats freakin cool

Bass

Silver Member