Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0623.jpg

This is a counterfeit of the famous Huyandi Janos mineral water bottles, from Hungary. The base says "Keseru viz forras kocs" which I translated to Bitter Water source Quercus. Quercus means Oak in Latin. I'm not an expert on this whatsoever, so any help would be appreciated. It was found in Lewisburg West Virginia, in the mountainous Greenbriar county. Who knows what this was doing there.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I visited Lewisburg last May. Her parents grew up in Renick, just north of Lewisburg. Beautiful area, WV is a well kept secret. Wish I could answer your question.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but could someone look at mine too?

Attachments

• bitter water.JPG
    bitter water.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 76

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a counterfeit plastic water bottle the other day I think.

Was thinner plastic than usual.

I don't mind if they counterfeit Rum bottles... as long as it lowers the price and is still real Rum.

:P

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1787839

This is a counterfeit of the famous Huyandi Janos mineral water bottles, from Hungary. The base says "Keseru viz forras kocs" which I translated to Bitter Water source Quercus. Quercus means Oak in Latin. I'm not an expert on this whatsoever, so any help would be appreciated. It was found in Lewisburg West Virginia, in the mountainous Greenbriar county. Who knows what this was doing there.
Just one of several people using similar looking bottles trying to cash in on the success of Janos...

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a choice between the real deal Huyandi bottle, and this one. I didn't know anything about either, and bought this one by dumb luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats cool never heard of counterfit bottles thats a good addition. Whos Jack ??? any way Hi jack lol

Knut dirtfisk

Jul 2, 2013
california
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Proportional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't go so far as to say counterfeit, more like generic or wannabe look alike knockoff. Still from the same era and chances are they are less common than the well known saxolennor bitterquelles, which is probably one of the most common antique bottles you come across.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wouldn't go so far as to say counterfeit, more like generic or wannabe look alike knockoff. Still from the same era and chances are they are less common than the well known saxolennor bitterquelles, which is probably one of the most common antique bottles you come across.

I called it a counterfeit, because I saw the term used in some 1800s ad somewhere for a soda, and thought it was funny.

They may be common, but it's weird for them to end up in West Virginia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread