epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Made a deal on Ebay for this Paterson hutch, the guy was local and he agreed to my offer and the fact I would pick it up, but it turned out he said he didn't have the time to have me stop by so he tried to cancel the sale thru Ebay, which didn't fly with me. Be a person who keeps their word or don't agree to a pick up if you don't want to complete the sale. I'm happy to say that he agreed to ship me the bottle for free after realizing he was in the wrong.

David Boyle's company was Paterson's most prolific bottling company, selling seltzer, soda, beer and liquor, I have nearly 100 bottles from the company. Boyle is famous for dating his bottles starting in 1897-1912, then sporadically on the base of his bottles and in some slugplates into the 1920's, making for many variants in one's collection.

I already have a 1899 clear hutch in my collection, but it was gonna cost me $15-25 to have it cleaned due to haze, so adding this clean example was a no brainer at $10. There are two unknown dates for his hutches, 1902, the year of the "Great Fire" that burned down 85% of Paterson's business district, and 1905 for some reason, why he had no blobs, hutches or crowns that year remains a mystery...

222222482.JPG
222222479.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread