sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found out today that Mark Vuono was killed at his jewelry store in Stamford, Connecticut Saturday afternoon in an apparent armed robbery. Mark was our hobby's foremost expert on early historical flasks with probably the finest collection currently in existence. He followed in the collecting footsteps of his father, Charles and was always accompanied by his son, Andrew at bottle shows who also took a keen interest in early American flasks. A vast amount of knowledge was lost with his passing. I pray that God will comfort his family as they cope with this senseless loss.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Horrific indeed, we chatted often on Facebook even though our collections couldn't be further apart. I had great admiration for his knowledge and he complimented me on mine and my research abilites, he will be sorely missed. Rest Easy Mark... :sad10::crybaby2:

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the absolute privilege of being over at his house one evening to see his collection. He was extremely kind and generous with advice to me as a young collector. Really, really sad to hear this.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the absolute privilege of being over at his house one evening to see his collection...

Absolute, indeed. What a treat that must have been. I can't imagine. Just being able to see the GI-70, GI-89a and the Gardner GII-57 would've knocked me out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread