Finds from my last 2 digs

bottles123

Nov 9, 2019
N.Y.
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy. Been able to get out a couple times over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, this quarantine has every person under the sun clogging up every inch of the great outdoors on weekends lately. Parks and trails that barely averaged 3 visitors a day now have DOZENS of cars spilling out of their entrances. Not a fan.

20200429_161423.jpg

Some good finds here; J. N. Burr, Henry Mueller and Phoenix Bottling for K. Clausen & Son. The Burr I'd previously found a body without a top to, and I'm super happy to have a whole example in great condition. Haven't seen one online anywhere, and it's a nifty embossing IMO.

20200430_221020.jpg

Some other stuff,; a super crude crown top with some huuuuge bubbles, a 3 piece mold beer or ale, and a Johann Hoff. The 3 piece is cool because the other 3 piece mold bottles I've seen/dug were big liquor bottles, not a single serving like this one.

20200429_162605.jpg

Closeup on some of the bubbles in the crown top. This bottle is made by the same company that made my all time favorite slick bottle, which is also crude and has a ton of bubbles. Can anyone help me with the maker's mark?

20200429_162714.jpg

This one's B. A. 6, the other one I mentioned is B. A. 5.

20200429_161847.jpg

Some of the nicer stuff that came out busted; a imported stoneware marked Grosvenor, Glasgow, a Littlemore Pure Rye Maryland whiskey flask with cracks running up the back, and a pumpkinseed with suuuper thin walls that I might of had a hand in the demise of.

20200429_163343.jpg

Some more broken stuff; Geo. Cusick, Edmund Spieler, John Mack, Long Island Bottling Co, and J. Lebkuchner. I like to bring home the more complete busted stuff I haven't seen before and keep it around until I find whole examples.

20200429_163911.jpg

Finally, some brickabrack; a green blob top neck (haven't seen any green 1880-1890 blobs online or in the field. Are they rare?), a Paul Jones sample, some Gulden mustard barrels, a wyeth bottle, what looks like a desk insert style ink. a National China Company "Hotel" bowl, a spoon, a cool thick base with a cat on it that I'm going to attempt to make in to a paperweight, and a nuclein (aulde) pharmacy bottle.

That's all for now. Hope everyone's staying sane in quarantine. Thanks for reading

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds. They are really coming out nice and clean.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottles 123 The 3 in the first picture are very nice I would be excited about them also .I too sometimes save something that is damaged until I hopefully fins a similar one that is intact.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, and glad that you are still out hunting.
I love your comment, "I might of had a hand in the demise of", gotta love when your probing, and you get the "tap, tap, tap, crunch sound"
I remember an old timer telling me to spin the bottles when they are still stuck in the soil, that's save quite a few of mine when I'm being impatient.
Kudos!
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread