Found an Error Ball Mason need info

jamotil

Aug 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this Ball mason jar. The word mason is missing the letters aso. The M & N are embossed on the jar clearly. There are lots of bubbles in the jar. Any info would be much appreciated. Year, value? This is a quart jar

P8110001.JPG P8110002.JPG P8110003.JPG

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! I can't give you any information beyond what you already know. Great find!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one! It is not an error but a very early "Ball" jar that did not use the word mason. CA 1910.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice one! It is not an error but a very early "Ball" jar that did not use the word mason. CA 1910.
That info is wrong, the jar has the M & N in MASON, the vents for the others letters were most likely clogged and the molten glass for the ASO never made it into the cutouts for the embossing. The jar isn't anything special really, more of a novelty because of the clogged vent holes, that might give a little more value to a jar collector, but only a few bucks worth IMHO...

Often referred to as a 3 "L" jar because of the loop in the line that returns under the word Ball, it dates 1896-1910...

# 1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jamotil

Aug 12, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That info is wrong, the jar has the M & N in MASON, the vents for the others letters were most likely clogged and the molten glass for the ASO never made it into the cutouts for the embossing. The jar isn't anything special really, more of a novelty because of the clogged vent holes, that might give a little more value to a jar collector, but only a few bucks worth IMHO...

Often referred to as a 3 "L" jar because of the loop in the line that returns under the word Ball, it dates 1896-1910...

View attachment 1855918

Thanks for the info. Very interesting !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the residue from M&N now. I have one just like it, and thought they were made that way. Must be a pretty common error.

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see the residue from M&N now. I have one just like it, and thought they were made that way. Must be a pretty common error.

I think that guy yelled at you:laughing7: . But looks like you got the date right and he got the solve right. Teamwork.

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a beauty. Now all you need is the zinc cap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread