Now that we're really in a privy, some nice finds!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
We've been searching a pit for weeks that may have been the foundation of a pre-1900 railroad station. Got the occasional bottle, some pottery and china and found other evidence of human activity. There was one other "settlement" but that I really knew was a privy but it's location next to a stone and brick column made me hesitant. Yesterday, we went for it; today we continued. Mostly we've found coffin flasks; two in aqua are pictured here. Today I got a nice flask with two hands shaking on one side and an eagle(?) on the other. Both aqua. Also pulled this weaved pattern in clear. Did I forget to mention the Hutch? Achy bones tonight but some pretty nice bottles for our trouble!

Attachments

• IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All very nice finds, but the clasped hands flask takes the cake! Glad your site is finally paying off!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Villagenut..is this better?

IMG_3206-2.jpg

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great looking old bottles The flasks are nice but that Hutch jumps of the picture for me . I am planning to dig today at my site .Now that the hot weather is over for the year I am hoping for some hot items before the cold and frozen ground arrive.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great to look at and will remind you of the fun times you had digging them. I hope you find more pits to dig, sounds like a great place.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice having corks remain, it means easy cleaning. Killer bottles there, gotta be more waiting.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see more detailed pictures of the clasped hands flask.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
The Clasped hands is a Group XII 34. Very nice. Listed as common but it’s a great flask in my book. The dead giveaway is the obverse open slug that’s different from most. Most likely William McCully manufacture from Pittsburgh. The others are awesome as well. Keep em coming and congrats. Jgas

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The Clasped hands is a Group XII 34. Very nice. Listed as common but it’s a great flask in my book. The dead giveaway is the obverse open slug that’s different from most. Most likely William McCully manufacture from Pittsburgh. The others are awesome as well. Keep em coming and congrats. Jgas

I have several McCully’s with M c C on them. Interesting! In any case, I’ve never seen one like it before! I think we’re near the bottom; probably know tomorrow. I gave my daughter the next layer.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely examples that deserve better pictures. I took the liberty of correcting them a bit:

Corrected1.jpg Corrected2.jpg Corrected3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread