Finally got into some nice TOC Wyoming glass!

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This May an infrastructure improvement project in town cut through the old city dump, otherwise completely built over or off-limits under a park where not even Metal Detecting is allowed! Awfully authoritarian for this state's culture but I digress. I was able to scrounge glass intermittently (depending on where they were digging that day) from May until completion a few weeks ago.

It looked like heaven when I first saw the shardiferous piles and upon jumping into the trench my hopes were confirmed by a 5 foot layer of dump under 1.5 feet of asphalt and aggregate; I'm finally going to get to dig some BIM local glass woohoo!

I scratched around every night I could and while I've certainly dug richer dumps, it was still pretty awesome. Here are some nonlocals including 1 of 2 pictoral "horse" radish bottles from Denver and an Old Joe Gideon whiskey only embossed with the 1904 award, all the ones I found online also included their 1905 award. Scarce maybe?

KIMG0521~2.JPG

Pics of local druggists (my favorite) coming soon!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grabs, Plums! Glad you were able to snatch some goodies from the jaws of progress. Can't wait to see more pictures.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!

Makes me want to go out again tomorrow!!!

OP
OP
Plumbata

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks friends, all is well just been very busy getting my ducks in a row.

My eldest, barely 3 and already bitten by the bug! She is great; curious, clever, inquisitive and always excited to help "look for treasure!"
KIMG0122.JPG

KIMG0123.JPG

Some other pics:
Dug 5 of these Leavenworth Kansas meds in the best spot I got into; a legit pharmacy basement cleanout pile, it was awesome I was there until 2 AM.
KIMG0003.JPG
Interesting SF bottle from that cleanout
KIMG0126.JPG
Denver, Benton harbor MI, and 2 1/2 oz Laramie druggists!
KIMG0002~3.JPG
Perfect 3 and 4 ounce Laramie "red cross" pharmacy and a broken 1/2oz. Love these guys.
KIMG0001~2.JPG

Got more goodies floating around, will have to dig out more from storage. Happy hunting!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice digs, I am sure you are very happy with the medicines, especially the Laramie bottles. They cleaned up nice, I have dug a couple of those Lakes bottles but not in a long time. To bad you can't detect it, maybe they will move some dirt somewhere you can. I hope you get a chance to get more.

OP
OP
Plumbata

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man, also got a Denver Spark's horseradish though they're not nearly as cool. Dug 6 perfect BIM "Laramie Bottling Works" crown sodas too, only came across a broken base of a NC Peterson hutchinson, worth 200+ if intact but I found one in the river several years ago. I traded lots of duplicates and common patent meds for store-credit at the Junction Tobacco/Antique store here. Truly one of the best shops I've ever been in and the wonderful old lady who runs it used to dig mining camps in the '60s so loves bottles, got some good stuff in trade like more sterling for the scrap pile, tools and this awesome 1956 Ghost Towns of Wyoming book (priced at 35), top tier reading and research material.
KIMG0599~2.JPG

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome druggists, and your digging partner is a doll!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread