Glass Insulators

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any insulator experts out there? I have two glass insulators that are very dark brown glass. The first is embossed ARMSTRONG 3-47:.. with an A inside a circle under that. Under that are two tiny numbers that look like 4 6, the opposite side says 51-C1 MADE IN U.S.A. The second one says ARMSTRONG 14-47:.. with the same A in a circle and 46 under that. The opposite side of this one has the same 51-C1 MADE IN U.S.A. The insides are threaded. They are 3-3/4" tall and 3-1/8" diameter on the bottom. They have mold seams on their sides. I'd love to get some info on their age, rarity and value (If any). Thanks for any help Insulators.jpg
!

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't pay much attention to insulators, but it is my understanding that anything other than green glass is more collectable. I have a few green and a pair of white ceramic insulators. That is a nice pair you have. I really like them.

OP
OP
C

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link, I actually found one on that site but not much info to go with it. All it said was this:
This insulator was made for low power distribution and the amber color was to compete with porcelain insulators.

OP
OP
C

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the first I've seen of this color but I'm not familiar with insulators at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread