Relic Hunting

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are 3 more, I gave a lot of these away, people like the flasks, , two of these are broken, the yellow one was my best one DSCF3697.JPG DSCF3729.JPG DSCF3917.JPG

bottles123

Nov 9, 2019
N.Y.
Primary Interest:
Other
Side note: I did find this embossed flask a while back. Nice big crack through the back and sides, unfortunately. Can anyone recommend me a good glue for bottles/glass? I have all the pieces and have been meaning to try to assemble it as practice for nicer stuff that's broken if it comes along.
20210227_212641.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Side note: I did find this embossed flask a while back. Nice big crack through the back and sides, unfortunately. Can anyone recommend me a good glue for bottles/glass? I have all the pieces and have been meaning to try to assemble it as practice for nicer stuff that's broken if it comes along.
View attachment 1906079

Lee Valley sells one hairline cracks
Low-Viscosity Glue – Hot Stuff

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1906077
All I seem to dig is unembossed strapsides, unfortunately.
View attachment 1906078
Out of them these 2 are my favorite, they're both earlier Lyndborough N.H. flasks I found in the same pocket. I've found a dozen shards of flask slugplates, but never any whole, which is a shame. They're pretty rare around me.

That Citron one is nice. I love strap side flasks. Especially the hard to get colors.

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe Keene or Stoddard NH, that's where I started digging bottles in the early 80's, found a dump that had a bunch of broken glass in it like the sunburst, my neighbor told me it where the Keene glass company thru their glass and if I dug down deep, I would find some whole bottles, I moved the next week to Maine and never went back, if you are ever in the Keene area, it's across from the cemetery on RT12

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe Keene or Stoddard NH, that's where I started digging bottles in the early 80's, found a dump that had a bunch of broken glass in it like the sunburst, my neighbor told me it where the Keene glass company thru their glass and if I dug down deep, I would find some whole bottles, I moved the next week to Maine and never went back, if you are ever in the Keene area, it's across from the cemetery on RT12

I have always felt like they were Keene, even with all the records and info available on them and the other glass house's up that way. They still have them listed as unknown manufacture. They made some really nice ones up north.

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you ever get a chance, to go to Keene NH, stop in at the Historic Society building, it's on Main ST, it has the most unbelievable class collection, I ever saw, it's in the basement

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread