help with a few bottles

Diggin in GA.

Aug 19, 2007
Northeast GA
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, Ace 150, Fisher F4
Let me start by saying hello everyone. I'm still a newbie round here. Over the weekend I visited my parents in south Georgia and descovered several bottle dumps on thier property. They are mostly bottles from the 1930's to the 1970's?? I think. Most of them are soda bottles and kitchen type bottles. I gathered all the soda bottles because I knew for sure what they were. I have questions about these three because I don't know anything about them. The small brown bottle is 2 3/4 inches high, 1 1/2 by 1 3/4 inches width and 1 1/2 inches across the mouth. The larger clear bottle says, Hoyt Co. INC Perfumers Lowell-New York Memphis. The smaller clear bottle says, Liberty Aid Soft Drink Base, then at the bottom says, Collins Memphis. Any help?

OP
OP
Diggin in GA.

Diggin in GA.

Aug 19, 2007
Northeast GA
Detector(s) used
I can't get the pics to load but I can e-mail them to anyone that wants to see them or can post them for me.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Do they look like these?

Attachments

• Hoyt10cent.jpg
    Hoyt10cent.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Hoyts.jpg
    Hoyts.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,263
  • Lib.jpg
    Lib.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,139
OP
OP
Diggin in GA.

Diggin in GA.

Aug 19, 2007
Northeast GA
Detector(s) used
The Liberty Aid is that one exactly. Is it a good find or pretty common? The Hoyts isn't like those. It is almost 7 1/2 inches high and the writing is embossed and runs sideways up the bottle in a kinda oval shape that is 4 1/2 inches long and has a tiny mouth.

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
Hoyt's are real common,but not the larger size.You see a lot of hoyt's 5 & 10 cents bottles.The Liberty aids are neat,I've found a couple of them.They are not rare!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread