hiking finds

Magic Fingers

When we first moved to Montana my girls went hiking in the mountains and came across so many bottles and old homesteads. I have some of their bottle out in my greenhouse which I can't get to right now because we have so much snow. I did have 4 green bottles in my massage office and thought I would post them now. I have no idea how old or if the "year" on the bottom is really the date of the bottle. I have been looking at some of the links many of you have recommended but I end up getting lost...lol.

The hourglass shape bottle has the following on the bottom or should I say base.
E B & Co Ld
REG o No 708209

The two same green ones say on the base.
L-890A
5 (anchor design) 33

L-890
5 (anchor design) 39

The large bottle on the right has no markings on the base.

Any ideas as to what I have and dates?

Thanks,
Donna

Attachments

• 4 green bottles.jpg
    4 green bottles.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 484
  • green hourglass bottle.jpg
    green hourglass bottle.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 418
  • green bottoms.jpg
    green bottoms.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 534

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
The 2 green bottles are airwick bottles. The first air freshener bottles. They had a wick in them attached to a wire pull up. some times you can find them that still have wick in them. I'm guessing late forty's early fifties. The other 2 are about same age but I don't know what was in them.

ruth y roo

Jan 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Two Green Oval shaped Bottles if you are still interested

When we first moved to Montana my girls went hiking in the mountains and came across so many bottles and old homesteads. I have some of their bottle out in my greenhouse which I can't get to right now because we have so much snow. I did have 4 green bottles in my massage office and thought I would post them now. I have no idea how old or if the "year" on the bottom is really the date of the bottle. I have been looking at some of the links many of you have recommended but I end up getting lost...lol.

The hourglass shape bottle has the following on the bottom or should I say base.
E B & Co Ld
REG o No 708209

The two same green ones say on the base.
L-890A
5 (anchor design) 33

L-890
5 (anchor design) 39

The large bottle on the right has no markings on the base.

Any ideas as to what I have and dates?

Thanks,
Donna

I found one in my bathroom wall, under the tub, when I was remodeling. It has the top and the labels still on them. The bottles are made by Anchor Hocking. The L-890A is the mold that made them. The number (5) is the plant that made them, in Pennsylvania. I have no idea what the 33 and 39 mean. However, my bottle is labeled still. It is Air-wick. The front label tells me it is a type of air freshener that is made with chlorophyll. The U.
s. Patent no, 2,326,672 was filed in February 11, 1941 and granted Aug. 10, 1943. At first, I thought that the 33 or 39 would be the date the bottle was made, and that very well could be, BUT, that would mean the bottles were made way before the product was made, so I am sure those numbers are not date codes. Some speculate that those 33 and 39 could be pair numbers, but that makes no sense. I would not see why they would be made in pairs and, I know ours are WAY MORE RARE than the average air wick bottles because the average ones ALL SAY 10 where our 33 or 39 is.

If you have found out anymore info about them over the years, please let me know.

Thank you

Ruth y Roo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread