Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2007
    THE EMPIRE STATE
    ACE 250,Whites prism2
    2 times

older log cabin syrup bottles?

I have two older embossed log cabin syrup bottles(30yrs. old maybe),was curious if anyone could tell me if they are of any value?

or point me in the direction of a good site that has info on them
    ----------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont have pictures of them right now but i can describe both of them

one is clear glass and has an eagle on it with stars w/ date 1776 under it..pretty much similar pattern as older coins,original cap

the other is brown glass with an Indian head on it,similar to older gold indian head coins,original cap
    ----------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

or can you tell me if these bottles are even desirable?

any info apreciated

Shawn
    I kept on digging the hole deeper and deeper looking for the treasure chest until I finally lifted my head, looked up and realized that I had dug my own grave.
    Author: Sir John Denham

Feb 2008
    Ohio
    bounty hunter pioneer505
    1 times

Re: older log cabin syrup bottles?

Ijust bought the clear one at a garage sale for a quarter.
    I also saw the two you described in an ebay auction for around $10.
    Paleo
    It is neither wealth nor splendor,but tranquility and occupation which give happiness
                              -Thomas Jefferson

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's V3i, MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    372 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by UnEarthed72
    I have two older embossed log cabin syrup bottles(30yrs. old maybe),was curious if anyone could tell me if they are of any value?

or point me in the direction of a good site that has info on them
    ----------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont have pictures of them right now but i can describe both of them

one is clear glass and has an eagle on it with stars w/ date 1776 under it..pretty much similar pattern as older coins,original cap

the other is brown glass with an Indian head on it,similar to older gold indian head coins,original cap
    ----------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

or can you tell me if these bottles are even desirable?

any info apreciated

Shawn
    Based on the fact that I come across hundreds of old Log Cabin bottles (As well as French's Mustard & Heinz Ketchup) I doubt they have any significant value.

us
    Not so new anymore

Jun 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    28 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Found a few of these during my house restoration...was told by an avid collector that they are only worth $2 -$4 unless you can find someone trying to complete a collection, then they might pay more.
    History with its flickering lamp stumbles along the trail of the past, trying to reconstruct its scenes, to revive its echoes, and kindle with pale gleams the passion of former days. ~Winston Churchill

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links