Red Rock

Doc Martin

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2008
Northeast Georgia
I'm mainly into arrowheads and crystals, but had some questions and info concerning bottles.

First, back in my childhood (30+ years ago) - in Cumming, GA, in the creekthat ran behind my grandmother's house I would occasionally find Red Rock cola bottles circa 1932 - completely intact. My father still has some in his barn, not sure the value of these. Turns out there used to be a shop about 1/4 mile above stream. Anyone with info, would appreciate very much!

I also know of a location here in Gainesville (GA) where there used to be a pharmacy and we would find old medicine bottles - the location is still there, but under power lines so not sure if that is OK to search now. If there is anyone in this area, can give you specifics on location. Last - Lake Lanier is dropping fast - lots of old bottles keep popping up in the sand, worth checking out if anyone is near. Don't think the Army corps minds since that is considered "trash" and not artifact, would likely be doing them a favor.

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
As far as the power line place goes, call the power company and check to see. If it's not fenced in and you carefully explain what you're doing, they may let you dig there. Could be some good stuff!

For the lake, I think I'd go in there with walmart plastic bags or better yet, mesh potato or onion sacks, and just haul them out! It'll look like you're cleaning the lake while actually you're pursuing a hobby, and cleaning the lake!!

Good luck on them!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread