Colorful Glass Insulators

insulator245

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre!
Hey everyone, I thought you might enjoy seeing some of my favorite insulators. These are known as "signal" type pieces. Colors include Yellow (very rare), cobalt blue, royal purple, green, dark red amber, and tangerine orange amber. Enjoy!

000_0023-1.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Those are gorgeous! I have two purple ones in my collection of purple bottles and such but mine are shaped a little differently than yours.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! Several hundred dollars worth there! CD 162's are some of my favorites. Have you been collecting long? Your avatar shows some pretty nice pieces.
Thanks for sharing those. I'll post some of mine sometime.
Jason

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
insulator245,
very nice. :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting.

Do you find, dig most of your Insulators,
or are you mostly a collector.

have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing. How about some more pics of the ones in your avatar?

S

seger98

I never knew there were that many different colors, thanks for sharing!

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
Great collection! Fantastic colors! When I was a small child My father was paid to haul two or three pickup truck loads of insulators to the dump. Most were white or brown but he said some were colored and some looked hand rolled. Many times in his later years he wished he had just hauled them home. Thanks for sharing your collection. Jim

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome collection!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
insulator245

insulator245

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre!
Thanks guys, Im glad you like them. Here is the rest of my collection. I started collecting when I was 7 (I'm now 17) . I unfortunately bought most of these. Its pretty tough to find insulators in New England (most of the early poles were wiped out in the 1970s, and finding rare pieces is very difficult). Some came from eBay, some from antique stores, but most from other collectors.

Ages ranges from around 1840 to 1940. Some highlights include a CD 206 "Castle" from Hawaii, a CD 740 Dupont threadless (unfortunately repaired), 3 early 1840s Elliott style threadless, an 1860s confederate "teapot", a green CD 1038 Cutter, a very very rare CD 228 Brookfield power piece (less than 25 known, only one Ive ever seen, and its mint!), an Armstrong Insulator sales miniature, a confederate egg, and a CD 130 Cal Elec Works. There are many rare pieces.

102_9218.jpg

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, really nice. :thumbsup: Thanks for posting the the second pic with the rest.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent collection there insulator245. Not to shabby for 10 yrs. of collecting. :thumbsup: What's the apparatus on the CD257 Mickey? Do you ever post pictures on ICON picture poster? Keep it up!!

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Wow! Thats about all I can say! To have that kind of knowledge about something that old, and you're only 17?? I'm 26, and I feel slightly ashamed that I don't think I know quite as much about any of my collecting subjects as you do! For that, I applaud you, and will say that there may be hope yet for the younger generation!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking collection. I'm not a collector of any one thing but tend to have an eye for picking up some good stuff at garage sales so I do have some in the attic. I can post them if you think you'd have some interest in them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread