Discovery 1000 Metal Detector - Any good?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Hey there,
Let us know the following so we can help you betteer........

1) Where will you be hunting and what will you be looking for? Coins, jewelry, etc.

2) What is your budget?

With that said............the Bounty Hunter DIscovery 1100 was my first machine, so I can tell you a bit about it, and there should be some posts from the past that I have written here.

The detector on the field is good down to about 2-3". That is the consistent depth you can expect from it. It is easy to learn and use, and if your budget is limited, it could be one option of many. You will definately find alot of shallow coins with it. The fact that it has a Target ID is also good. If your budget is limited, it can be one of many options, but here are the negatives.......

a) If you do get hooked, you will find yourself wanting to upgrade after using it for a few weeks.

b) It uses 9V batteries (Expensive)

c) It does not have a Pinpoint feature. This is good and bad. Good because it forces you to learn proper X'ing technique. Bad, because that can take a while to get good at :)

If you do decide to get it, try to get a used one on Ebay. They pop up here and there and go for under $60 sometimes. Do let us know what your budget is and what you will be doing/want to do with the machine, this way we can recommend you other options.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread