Bounty Hunter Tracker IV wich coil to use?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone have been using a radio shack discovery 2000 for some time.And only seem to hit coins .So i bought myself the Tracker still havnt got my Tracker IV yet its on its way. But im wondering perhaps you guys can tell me .I ordered the 4"inch coil and i guess it can detect some small nuggets rings etc. But dont know whethere i should use the stock 8"inch coil in general or the 4"inch instead ? Any ideas :icon_study:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a Tracker IV, but have experience with a host of other machines with variuos coils. I do most my hunting right now with a Pioneer 202. I have used the 4" coil in areas I have hunted with the 8" to find coins that the 8" coil missed due to heavy trash, and the phenomena known as masking. This occurs when a trash object such as a nail is close to a coin, and your discriminator rejects the nail, and knocks out the coin also. The small coil has a better chance of seperating the trash from the goodies for retrieval. I hunt around older sites with the smaller coils, and where I need to cover alot of ground fast, or need more depth I go with a bigger coil. Both can be used on the same site, and both are capable of finding things the other can't.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Slingshot ill try your methods good hunting to you :icon_sunny:

BOBBYC

Dec 5, 2008
KNOXVILLE,TN
Detector(s) used
BH LANDSTAR,,ACE 250,Whites Coinmaster Pro,whites MXT,Tesoro cutlass2
I have used the 10in mag coil on the pioneer 101 (tracker lV) works real well goes deep found coins at 8in easy

bobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread